DashDaq SRT10 enhanced PID support and more

vprtech

Reaction score
I'm trying to get ten or more people together with Chrysler SCI vehicles , to get Drew Technologies to add non-CAN, Chrysler specific support for enhanced PID's on their DashDaq . What this means is that you will get high speed data rates, 100 samples per second or more, as opposed to generic OBD2 which only provides 6-8 samples per second, making OBD2 generic almost useless. You will also have access to all of the different Chrysler specific PID’s , including ST and LT knock, and useful transmission parameters, all of which are not available with generic OBD2. Brian, the product manager for the DashDaq, at Drew Technologies, has basically guaranteed that we will get at least a one hundred samples per second data rate, which is, I will say it again, is much, much faster than any aftermarket, non-CAN scan tool out there at this time that will work with the older SCI protocol ecu’s. I need ten people total, who have Chrysler vehicles, willing to commit to one of these devices, so I’m hitting the different forums that I am familiar with to see if I can generate enough interest. This means that if you have an OBD2, non-CAN, Chrysler vehicle, more than likely, you apply to this group buy, and yes, this does include the SRT10 Viper trucks. For those of you that have SCT hand held programmer, this will provide the logging capabilities that SCT was supposed to provide with their hand held programmer but never did. For those with piggy-back engine management systems, this will be very useful as well, as you will be able to see what the factory ecu see’s, as opposed to the piggy-back see’s, make sense ?

Besides being used as a scan tool, this device has many other feature, including performance meters, diagnostic functions, video play back, track mapping, wide band and other external log inputs, GPS navigation similar to TomTom or Magellan , fuel mileage monitor (lol), and many other cool features, too many to list here. I suggest you take a look www.dashdaq.com

Please contact me directly for pricing information. I'm asking for a ten percent down deposit, which will be fully refundable in the event that Drew Technologies can not complete this project for some reason. I do not expect them to have any major issues though.

I should note that my main interest in doing this, is not to make a profit on this group buy. We do a lot of tuning work in our shop, and I'm just as frustrated about the lack of a good logging tool for SCI Chrysler vehicles. I have talked at length with AutoEnginuity , and EASE diagnostics, both who make SCI logging tools, about improving the data rates, and at this time, they are not willing to do the necessary changes to their software to make that happen. I would suggest to anyone who's as concerned about this as I am, to write or e-mail these companies, and let them know how important it is for their product to offer good data rates. That being said, I cannot discuss pricing on the forum, you will need to contact me or someone at the shop direct.

I will add people who have committed to the group buy to this post.

- Chris Jensen

I'm midly interested, but I though the refresh rate was also based on the PCM technology that was used on the vehicle in question. I use a SnapOn Modis and notice widely varying refresh rates depending on the vehicle, same scantool.:confused: :confused: :confused:

vprtech said:
I'm trying to get ten or more people together with Chrysler SCI vehicles , to get Drew Technologies to add non-CAN, Chrysler specific support for enhanced PID's on their DashDaq . What this means is that you will get high speed data rates, 100 samples per second or more, as opposed to generic OBD2 which only provides 6-8 samples per second, making OBD2 generic almost useless. You will also have access to all of the different Chrysler specific PID’s , including ST and LT knock, and useful transmission parameters, all of which are not available with generic OBD2. Brian, the product manager for the DashDaq, at Drew Technologies, has basically guaranteed that we will get at least a one hundred samples per second data rate, which is, I will say it again, is much, much faster than any aftermarket, non-CAN scan tool out there at this time that will work with the older SCI protocol ecu’s. I need ten people total, who have Chrysler vehicles, willing to commit to one of these devices, so I’m hitting the different forums that I am familiar with to see if I can generate enough interest. This means that if you have an OBD2, non-CAN, Chrysler vehicle, more than likely, you apply to this group buy, and yes, this does include the SRT10 Viper trucks. For those of you that have SCT hand held programmer, this will provide the logging capabilities that SCT was supposed to provide with their hand held programmer but never did. For those with piggy-back engine management systems, this will be very useful as well, as you will be able to see what the factory ecu see’s, as opposed to the piggy-back see’s, make sense ?

Besides being used as a scan tool, this device has many other feature, including performance meters, diagnostic functions, video play back, track mapping, wide band and other external log inputs, GPS navigation similar to TomTom or Magellan , fuel mileage monitor (lol), and many other cool features, too many to list here. I suggest you take a look www.dashdaq.com

Please contact me directly for pricing information. I'm asking for a ten percent down deposit, which will be fully refundable in the event that Drew Technologies can not complete this project for some reason. I do not expect them to have any major issues though.

I should note that my main interest in doing this, is not to make a profit on this group buy. We do a lot of tuning work in our shop, and I'm just as frustrated about the lack of a good logging tool for SCI Chrysler vehicles. I have talked at length with AutoEnginuity , and EASE diagnostics, both who make SCI logging tools, about improving the data rates, and at this time, they are not willing to do the necessary changes to their software to make that happen. I would suggest to anyone who's as concerned about this as I am, to write or e-mail these companies, and let them know how important it is for their product to offer good data rates. That being said, I cannot discuss pricing on the forum, you will need to contact me or someone at the shop direct.

I will add people who have committed to the group buy to this post.

- Chris Jensen

HaroldD said:
I'm midly interested, but I though the refresh rate was also based on the PCM technology that was used on the vehicle in question. I use a SnapOn Modis and notice widely varying refresh rates depending on the vehicle, same scantool.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Believe it or not, Chrysler has one of the fastest potential logging capabilities I have seen. The factory ecu is capable of logging at five hundred times per second in SCI mode. All aftermarket scan tools that I have seen only poll for data every 120-150 milliseconds, which works out to be about 5-7 samples per second, which is useless if you are tryng to log more than one PID. . The factory ecu is capable of completing a request/send transaction in as little as 1.5 ms, but reliably at 2ms, the problem is the PC has a heck of a time trying to deal with send/requests at that rate. Aftermarket PC based scan tools don't poll that fast. I have talked to both Autoenginuity and EASE diagnostics about improving the data rate, both companies make Chrysler SCI specific laptop based scan tools, and they both have indicated that it is a limitation of their tool design. The DashDaq is expected to poll data at around one hundred samples per second, it's not five hundred, but in most instances, around twelve samples per second per PID, is a very acceptable sample rate.

The MODIS is faster in certain instances, because some cars, like GM, send data in packets, that most serial interfaces have a much easier time dealing with. The only tool I know of that can achieve fast data rates with early Chrysler SCI is the factory DRB3, and only when it is the data-recorder mode.

interested in the datalogging capability since SCT hasn't gotten off their butt yet to make the Xcal2 capable. please pm a price.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back