Day at DC Performance

FSTJACK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last Friday Patrick and I made a trip to DC Performance with Patricks truck.

This was the first time I had been there and I was impressed with how the shop was laid out and the cleanliness, also the efficient way things were handled throughout the day.

I got to personally meet Dan, Tony, Chris, Kim, and the entire crew. What a great bunch of guys, all the way.

I was enamored with the shop and could spend weeks there if I were allowed.

Having been an owner and shop operator, I can appreciate the professionalisn that is evident everywhere at DC Performance.
I walked in the door and knew instantly that they were the real deal.

With Patricks job, Dan did all the preliminary diagnostic work that was necessary. There were no shortcuts taken anywhere.

This impresses me today in this world of parts changing automatons. The techs at DC know what they are doing.
This is based on knowledge and experiance not a little box that say change the "Knerfener" valve, without haveing a clue if it is bad or what it even does.
Dan and the guys know how things really work. They have the best in diagnostic equipment also.

The care that was taken of all the customer vehicles is a joy to see. If you leave you vehicle at DC Performance it will be treated well and not abused as I so frequently see and hear elsewhere.

We arrived at 7:10 AM and unloaded the truck. Dan arrived shortly there after. It took them untill 8:20 AM to get the cars parked and the day up and running. From that time on everybody in the facility was working all the time.

Mike Brady (Nowwhat) has always spoken highly of Dan and DC Performance. You are absolutly correct Mike these guys are wonderful. It is hard for me to convey how good this place really is on a keyboard.

Dan my hat is off to you for putting together an organization of this caliber.

I recommend DC Performance to everyone, you cannot go wrong going there.

We need to get DC more active on this forum....their expertise would benefit many of us....will stop by the shop tomorrow....

Well knowing the caliber of the people that shop there and that have said good things about them I.E. Mike Brady, Jackomatic ect.....I am sold . Nowwhat is a man of honor and a special person, his word is his bond and If Jack supports it being in this business and Drag racing for 300 years, that's all I need to hear...........Mike go get them and make em post up info to help us all out......I wont need the info since I already have the Baddest truck in the land...But some other poor SRT-10 POS slow truck will need em :D

Blakewilder said:
Hey Mikey, your being way too loving and stuff lately.....can you tell me to phuggoff or something...just for ol times sake?? :)
Blake I type how I feel, simple as that.....:D I hold nothing back..Life is to short.....Love me or hate me...Count on me to speak the truth :rock:

Ive never been to DC Performance but Dan has helped me ALOT with my truck...he got me most of the parts and helped with the design. he even called to try and diagnose what caused the blowup at the end....obviously not his fault but he showed he gave a crap....nice for a shop thats across the countrry and never met me....Dans a great guy.

Blakewilder said:
Ive never been to DC Performance but Dan has helped me ALOT with my truck...he got me most of the parts and helped with the design. he even called to try and diagnose what caused the blowup at the end....obviously not his fault but he showed he gave a crap....nice for a shop thats across the countrry and never met me....Dans a great guy.

talk is cheap.....send him some $$$$....you cheap bastage......:D

He got a bunch of Dough from me.....I wish I lived there...i'd give him alot more. This truck has been nothing but a money pit at this point. Hey, its better than a crack habit! :)

Blakewilder said:
He got a bunch of Dough from me.....I wish I lived there...i'd give him alot more. This truck has been nothing but a money pit at this point. Hey, its better than a crack habit! :)
I hear Tractor transmissions are the wave of the future :D :dontknow:

Blakewilder said:
Is it really? At least with that you might get a crack hoe every once in a while LOL.

I've talked through e-mail to dan back a few years when I had my Viper. As many of you know his blower flash/thermostat combo did the trick for what was a lack of performance on my SRT Ram. The research and time he's put in to improving the Ram itself cant be touched by anyone else!! I'm glad to have given him some business after the help he's been for me. I'm now on the list for the DC blower inlet tube.

Dans the man!!

Blakewilder said:
The sluts dig 10 lb pullers......we dont make love .....we make PAIN! hehehe
I never saw your name on the register Bro.....All men with 10 lbs must sign the National Meat Hammer registry....So far I am the only member :D :rock:

TheSickness said:
I never saw your name on the register Bro.....All men with 10 lbs must sign the National Meat Hammer registry....So far I am the only member :D :rock:

Damned if it aint getting so deep in here that I had to go and put on some waders. :D

Stretch

Blakewilder said:
Get the 10lb pulley too Dave...

Dan said we could go to a bigger pulley since I have the upgraded internals. I cant remember if he said to also go with the water/meth as a security precaution. He told me a story of a guy (viper I think) that was running alot more boost and had the water/meth. Well, the water/meth failed and wala, motor damage. with a pulley comes a tune which where I live isnt a viable option (that I know of). ALso, not sure if the added boost requires upgrading the fuel system.

I think the Paxton kit comes with all the fuel upgrade you'll be needing.
I know Dan's got two aircraft/type (Walburg?) fuel pumbs under my butt on the inside rail of the Truck that boost's the fuel to over 100/psi...in a Split-Second. lol
I'm only pulling 8.3#'s/boost @ 6200/rpm.... very light-weight, drive her for 20/yrs. mode. :dancing:

:rock: Dan Cragin is the MAN!!

To bad there's only one of him..... :2in1:

Quick

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back