DC Flash question

SRT-QC

Reaction score
I want to know if anybody that has the DC flashed computer has blown up their engine yet.I know this sounds weird but the reason I ask is because I am gun shy after a rod failure in my old Harley truck.The dealership had a rep from ford look at my truck and they would not honor the warranty due to the chip that had been in the computer(umong other parts I had ).It cost me $6,000 to replace the engine.I can not afford to do this with the Viper truck especialy when I owe $50 grand on it still(I know save it:D ).

My girlfreind has a Lightning as well as several of my freinds and this winter we plan on doing a lot of Thursday night test and tune at the local drag strip.

I just want to know how many guys have had engine failure after modifying their trucks.I would buy a hole new computer and switch them in and out when at the track only.

Thanx Rob

I have not heard of any engine failures with the any of the flashes. All you are chaging is the timing. The issue you have to worry about is the tranny. Since you get rid of the TRQ mangement you will be putting more wear on the tranny. This is seen on the 2nd gear band. I kept hitting the rev limiter in 2nd gear as the tranny slipped. But the 15K mile service includes readjusting the bands and that got rid of the problem.

15 MILE SERVICE?

Is this under the warranty?I have just turned 21,000 miles and never heard anything about a service.Should I call the dealership?

You say it only changes the timeing?Doesnt the flash also change rev limits,fuel and shift points like most chips do for other trucks?

SRT-QC said:
Is this under the warranty?I have just turned 21,000 miles and never heard anything about a service.Should I call the dealership?

The 15K miles service is what is recommended with Schedule B from your owners manual. Just take it in to the dealer and get your trans fluid changed and the bands adjusted.

SRT-QC said:
You say it only changes the timeing?Doesnt the flash also change rev limits,fuel and shift points like most chips do for other trucks?

You are right. I just worded my post wrong. Fuel is the timing. But rev limits and shift points put more wear on the tranny then on the engine. Well at least I think they do, so don't listen to much to me as I don't really know a whole lot.

GriMacE 06QuadSRT10 said:
roflmao -- your too modest my man! You know more than the average bear! Yogi

Well most of the knowledge I have is from reading posts on the forums and a few phone calls with various vendors. I just don't want to mislead anyone, especially when it comes to modding their truck. But thanks for the kind words.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back