DC performance still the best for Stage II??

Get Bit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After doing some research, is DC perfomance still the vendor of choice for the Stage II flash? I just need to buy a second PCM, and have them flash this correct? I have a 05 quad cab, which I will probably get Exhaust done and a k&n panel filter OR CAI.

I understad that any performance mod might cause some premature failure of say the tranny, etc, however has anyone lost a transmission with just an exhaust / Catback and flash?

At 650 miles I am already not liking the delayed shifts from 2-3rd. It still barks them decent from 1-2, but the other shifts are delayed ( I assume it is the TQ management)

How many miles should I have on this before I do the flash? I am already starting to drive it like I stole it!

Thanks for your help !

Get Bit said:
After doing some research, is DC perfomance still the vendor of choice for the Stage II flash? I just need to buy a second PCM, and have them flash this correct? I have a 05 quad cab, which I will probably get Exhaust done and a k&n panel filter OR CAI.

I understad that any performance mod might cause some premature failure of say the tranny, etc, however has anyone lost a transmission with just an exhaust / Catback and flash?
Hey, Get Bit - What I've heard is that the QC tranny is good for about 600 to 650 HP. Exhaust modes won't get you anywhere near that, so you should be OK.

Also, enjoy the extra power that eventually kicks in after about 1000 miles.
"Your mileage may vary" :p Some folks like me have experienced that.

Thanks Guys, so the bigger question is, with a k&N panel filter, cat back, and stage II, do you think it will shave off 1/2 second in the 1/4 mile? after a few K miles??

These quad cabs seem to run in the 15.1 range at our elavation. I would like to get this into the mid 14's, which would be around a 13.4-.5 1/4 mile at sealevel. our corrected altitute at times can be over 8K ft. :(

Thanks.

Get Bit said:
Thanks Guys, so the bigger question is, with a k&N panel filter, cat back, and stage II, do you think it will shave off 1/2 second in the 1/4 mile? after a few K miles??

These quad cabs seem to run in the 15.1 range at our elavation. I would like to get this into the mid 14's, which would be around a 13.4-.5 1/4 mile at sealevel. our corrected altitute at times can be over 8K ft. :(

Thanks.
I ran mine in Fontana, not sure of the elevation and all that, Mike (nowwhat) could probably chime in on that. Best I turned yet was a 13.3. That was just flash and Borla catback.

That is right where I would want to be, depending on that tracks elevation and conditoins, it could be a mid 14 here. :rock:

Have you heard a Borla cat back on a viper? I have a borla catback with hi flow cats and I love the way it sounds, I would like to get my truck to have a similar tone, maybe just not quite as loud..

Thanks!

OCBob said:
I ran mine in Fontana, not sure of the elevation and all that, Mike (nowwhat) could probably chime in on that. Best I turned yet was a 13.3. That was just flash and Borla catback.

Fontana is usually 1300-2200 DA,
Actual elevation is 1332'

Get Bit said:
That is right where I would want to be, depending on that tracks elevation and conditoins, it could be a mid 14 here. :rock:

Have you heard a Borla cat back on a viper? I have a borla catback with hi flow cats and I love the way it sounds, I would like to get my truck to have a similar tone, maybe just not quite as loud..

Thanks!
I haven't heard one on a Viper, but I do like the way it sounds on my truck. A few guys have complained that they have had them break, though I haven't had any issue with mine as yet.

I just put the Stage II computer on mine and it feels a lot faster.:D I will be going to the track tommorow to test it out. DC will send you a new computer with the flash, and a 170 thermostat for $968.

Get Bit said:

At 650 miles I am already not liking the delayed shifts from 2-3rd. It still barks them decent from 1-2, but the other shifts are delayed ( I assume it is the TQ management)

How many miles should I have on this before I do the flash? I am already starting to drive it like I stole it!

Thanks for your help !

I was just about to jump in and say absolutely but then i realised you are talking about a QC and i have a RC.. As far as i know DC is still the man when it comes to chip tunng these petrol guzzling monsters especially the RC's..
chers
shane

Coach said:
I just put the Stage II computer on mine and it feels a lot faster.:D I will be going to the track tommorow to test it out. DC will send you a new computer with the flash, and a 170 thermostat for $968.

If you have the 2nd computer, can you just pop the stock one back in when you need warranty service, or is that a major undertaking?

That was my next question, as can the dealership detect that you have had a differnt computer in it based on what the mileage reading on the stock computer versus what the ODO reads?

I understand that you might have to pay if you want to play, however I do not want it to be too easy for the stealership to find out if it has been swapped out. :burnout:

Get Bit said:
That was my next question, as can the dealership detect that you have had a differnt computer in it based on what the mileage reading on the stock computer versus what the ODO reads?

I understand that you might have to pay if you want to play, however I do not want it to be too easy for the stealership to find out if it has been swapped out. :burnout:
I have swapped mine back and forth countless times. I don't think the pcm records any info like that at all. You figure that the dodge service dept will use a reflash to fix things, so it really can't measure mileage.

From what I understand, if you switch it back to the stock computer, the dealership will never know. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Get Bit said:

Never heard of a dealership detecting the computer switch game....:D ....DC will set you up with a nice flash that will also help with temp control. I had a borla on my viper GTS and it sounds NOTHING like the borla I put on my truck...just a completely different set up. I loved the way it sounded on my viper and was therefore a bit taken back by it on the truck...The majority of the guys here go Magnaflow and Boomer has a deal on them right now...Last time Ocbob ran his 13.3 the DA was 1800' if that gives you an idea....good luck....:D

Nowwhat said:
Never heard of a dealership detecting the computer switch game....:D ....DC will set you up with a nice flash that will also help with temp control. I had a borla on my viper GTS and it sounds NOTHING like the borla I put on my truck...just a completely different set up. I loved the way it sounded on my viper and was therefore a bit taken back by it on the truck...The majority of the guys here go Magnaflow and Boomer has a deal on them right now...Last time Ocbob ran his 13.3 the DA was 1800' if that gives you an idea....good luck....:D

geez you're like a DA almanac or something:D

VPRPWR said:
geez you're like a DA almanac or something:D

that was the day I ran that 12.0 on street tires.....good day...that and you have me addicted to this silly sport....

Nowwhat said:
that was the day I ran that 12.0 on street tires.....good day...that and you have me addicted to this silly sport....
You sure? I really thought that was the day you ran a 13.4 hehehehe. I could have my days mixed up though I guess.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back