DC performance

BLACK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if they have a tune for the ecu so we can do away with the Split Second piggy back that comes with the paxton kit.. or maybe a way of tuning the split second I think that is where my running rich under WOT is comming from.

BLACK10 said:
does anyone know if they have a tune for the ecu so we can do away with the Split Second piggy back that comes with the paxton kit.. or maybe a way of tuning the split second I think that is where my running rich under WOT is comming from.

A quick call to (310)841-6996 would probably answer that question... ask for Dan.

SD

Are you talking about going into OPEN LOOP?

Bone

I have know Idea about open or closed loops ..all I know is every time I put the pedal all the way to the floor my A/F drops to 10

I would call Dan I have the flash for SC from DC and never hit 10 A/F. What brad sensor do you have? I was told some have problems with all the heat.

BLACK10 said:
Bone
I have know Idea about open or closed loops ..all I know is every time I put the pedal all the way to the floor my A/F drops to 10

First off, do you have a stand alone wideband gauge you are seeing this with? My W.B. Gauge reads a little richer than a dyno pull for whatever reason. I am still researching it.

A mode of operation in our PCM that occurs after a cold start. During open loop, the computer provides a fixed air/fuel ratio that is richer than normal to improve cold derivability until the engine warms up. So one thing to do is make sure the engine is warmed up prior to a good SC pull.

However, I have seen both the flash (not SC flash) and the VEC go into Open Loop for 0.3 seconds during dyno pulls. I do remember some debate on how long the engine goes into Open loop (VEC vs Flash). Nevertheless, not to start too much trouble, and Boomer deserves a reply, but on my truck I witnessed OPEN Loop (after truck was warmed up) with the VEC alone, the Flash alone, and both VEC and Flash together, not for a huge time but long enought to be a concern, approximately 0.3 seconds. NBT was present during the multiple pulls on the dyno. I'm not bashing either system, just pointing out it is an issue to deal with in our trucks.

I now can also monitor it daily with the Scan Gauge II.
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1549&highlight=scan+gauge

However, I am no expert on SCs and would have to ask DC, Boomer, and Sean. It may just be the tune? At least you are safe and it's not 17+! Throw a 125 shot on there and it would probably bring it to 12.5 AF !

Last edited:
Blakewilder said:
thats what Daniel did....he left the Stock Paxton tune (very safe) and hit it with a 100 shot....11.8 1/4 mile

correct, the split second Paxton tune pulls so much timing its not funny, it also uses a 3D map of RPM and Vac to set its parameters, so you can run nitrous and still be rich lol

-Red

your tune could be enhanced with another flash, but the majority of your AF problem will be resolved by tuning the FMU, the fuel management unit.
you still must have the split second box to control when the pumps come on via referencing the boost as well as pulling the timing under boost. the split second can also be reconfigured as to how much timing & when it is pulled. plus you can enhance the overall package with your stock ecu being reflashed, but the split second has to stay unless you change the entire systme over to something like an AEM standalone

I actually have Daniels old Paxton set up.I guess i should go the same route for safety.

Blakewilder said:
thats what Daniel did....he left the Stock Paxton tune (very safe) and hit it with a 100 shot....11.8 1/4 mile

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back