DC vs. B & G flash???

slow91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any and all help would be appreciated in the best (and worst) personal experiences with either flash. Also, a B & G sold on the other forum for $650.00 with a "your vin #" included in the flash....is this really necessary for warranty issues????:dontknow:TIA

slow91 said:
Any and all help would be appreciated in the best (and worst) personal experiences with either flash. Also, a B & G sold on the other forum for $650.00 with a "your vin #" included in the flash....is this really necessary for warranty issues????:dontknow:TIA

Let me put it this way - I called DC and ordered the Stage 2 from them. They took my credit card # and charged me.

A few days later, the new computer showed up from,,, B&G Chrysler.

Same thing dude.:D

They need the vin# to program it for YOUR truck - otherwise it won't work. Buy the extra computer for the flash and save your stocker in case you have any warranty concerns.

My truck has been flawless since I installed the Stage2 Flash - almost a year by now I guess?

Hamrhead said:
Let me put it this way - I called DC and ordered the Stage 2 from them. They took my credit card # and charged me.

A few days later, the new computer showed up from,,, B&G Chrysler.

Same thing dude.:D

They need the vin# to program it for YOUR truck - otherwise it won't work. Buy the extra computer for the flash and save your stocker in case you have any warranty concerns.

My truck has been flawless since I installed the Stage2 Flash - almost a year by now I guess?

A lot has changes with the flash in the last year....The DC flash has great new features.....

Nowwhat said:
A lot has changes with the flash in the last year....The DC flash has great new features.....

Details please!!!

And is DC doing the 'tweaking', or is it still a joint effort with B&G??

Hamrhead said:
Details please!!!

And is DC doing the 'tweaking', or is it still a joint effort with B&G??

Chris Jenson at Dc tweaks....then tweaks....then.....oh well you get it...

A big example is the temp. management ....with the DC flash the truck runs much cooler....oil and water temps....

mopower1958 said:
My temp never ran any cooler with the Stage ll flash. Ordered it from DC and it came from B&G. Best bang for the buck from any bolt on I have.
:dito:

Though my 170 T-Stat did help - especially in cooler weather. In the Summer it still runs at ~200 degrees.

How does Boomers differ from the basic B&G or tweaked DC,if at all ? Does anyone know ? Mine runs great and best SOTP feel for improvement in power.The catless mids are hard to beat,too.

scrambler13

Got mine from B&G. Very professional and quick. No complaints here.

Wade

Im the one who bought the PCM from "the other forum". John asked for my vin number and mods. I dont have any right now except for a K&N drop in. I'm going to dyno stock, then with the drop in, then with the drop in and stage 2. I'll post my results.

Jim

spdrcrj said:
Im the one who bought the PCM from "the other forum". John asked for my vin number and mods. I dont have any right now except for a K&N drop in. I'm going to dyno stock, then with the drop in, then with the drop in and stage 2. I'll post my results.
Jim

Cool.....thanks for the input on this matter.:)

I think at the beginning DC was getting their flashes for the RC and QC's from B&G. But now they are doing the flashes for the RC themselves and the QC's I am not sure. If you are able to take your truck to DC in SO Cal I would highly recommend it. They could do the flash for your truck on the dyno.
Mas

UNIBOY said:
I think at the beginning DC was getting their flashes for the RC and QC's from B&G. But now they are doing the flashes for the RC themselves and the QC's I am not sure. If you are able to take your truck to DC in SO Cal I would highly recommend it. They could do the flash for your truck on the dyno.
Mas

Hmmm, every so often I do get a mailer from them reminding me it's time for a service w/ a free pull on the dyno. Maybe I should take them up on it - It wouldn't be TOO FAR of a drive.:ahhhhh:

Hamrhead said:
Hmmm, every so often I do get a mailer from them reminding me it's time for a service w/ a free pull on the dyno. Maybe I should take them up on it - It wouldn't be TOO FAR of a drive.:ahhhhh:

What a 5k mile round trip...at 14 miles per gallon....$3.00 per gallon....= the world's most expensive free pull.....:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back