Dead spot shifting to second?

4DR VYPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my truck set up with higher shift points and higher rev limit. When I download the 93octane tune from the handheld it seems to fall flat for a split second when it shifts to second. It feels like it's barely bumping the rev limiter prior to the 1-2 shift. Any thoughts? Raise the rev limit? You can actually see it in the video below (SSHS8)

I would come off the rev limiter...drop your shift points and not push to the max rpm...just my opinion...I have seen very few Viper engines that improve times with shift points over 5600 rpm...I would guess that you are stressing your engine needlessly and actually hurting your ET...but I am often wrong.

Thanks for the feedback. I've heard that before but on the Dyno it is still making power into the rev-limiter. It has a serious upward slant to the graph too!:dontknow:

ok so what rpm is he shifting at? Dave at B&G set up the tune. It's set up to shift at 5,950 and rev limiter is set at 6,200. Maybe I have a different problem?

Last edited:
4DR VYPR said:
I have my truck set up with higher shift points and higher rev limit. When I download the 93octane tune from the handheld it seems to fall flat for a split second when it shifts to second. It feels like it's barely bumping the rev limiter prior to the 1-2 shift. Any thoughts? Raise the rev limit? You can actually see it in the video below (SSHS8)

Get your governor pressure solenoid changed and the problem will go away temporarily but be back in about 12,000 miles. There isn't an aftermarket option. I have my 4th solenoid in now.

Been there done that.......I first thought it was a shift point versus rev limiter problem. It isn't.

I posted on long thread on this one somewhere on the forum.

oldguy

4DR VYPR said:

The detailed post is on this thread:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26872

oldguy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back