Dealer Sticker removal

JimTeTe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a small problem .... Anyone ever remove that Damn Dealer Logo decal/emblem/sticker thing they put on your tailgate to show all that you bought this vehicle from them ...... Don't need it or want it...

Any ideas on how I can get it off without having to repaint the tailgate ..??

Attachments

• HPIM0150_edited.JPG
    HPIM0150_edited.JPG
    706 KB · Views: 173
try a hair dryer and your thumb nail,then use some rubbing achohol, then wax area when done.

They are simply stick on. Park it so the sun warms it. Pull out some fishing line and use it like a saw. A little goof off, 3M adhesive remover or even WD40 will remove the final gummy mess. A little polish/wax and you'd never know it was there.

Great advice, I like the fish line thing. I'll give these a try ...

Thanks all of ya's .... Sure beats Painting!!!!!!

If you are talking just about the dealer sticker the best thing would be to use a hair dryer and get it warm and just use your fingernail to remove it.. Then just get some adhesive remover and wiper over the area them wax it:rock: The fishing line works good on the big plastic factory emblems!!;)

JimTeTe said:
Got a small problem .... Anyone ever remove that Damn Dealer Logo decal/emblem/sticker thing they put on your tailgate to show all that you bought this vehicle from them ...... Don't need it or want it...

Any ideas on how I can get it off without having to repaint the tailgate ..??

All good advice on removing it. I always tell the dealer to knock off $2K of the price if they are going to advertise on my rides. I've never had one put on after saying that :D They always put their crappy little license plate bracket on which I promptly through away :D

Flat head screwdriver and acetone. That thing will come RIGHT OFF!
:D

In all seriousness:
GooGone (available at any supermarket or auto parts store) and sunshine. You can use alcohol for final cleaning/wipe down after all the adhesive is gone.

mines just peeled off it was a decal i took everything of except the word dodge =) it didn't do nething to the paint i just scraped the glue of with my nail..........

CAREFUL WITH THE FISHLINE.WD40 WORKS GOOD.JUST LET ER SIT IN THE SUN FOR AWHILE.MAKES IT EASY!!

take it back in and tell them you want it off of your expensive truck RIGHT NOW.... and they will do it.

I normally make sure that they never put it on any of my vehicles.... by telling them, "and I don't want to see any dealership advertisements on my car"

jelms said:
All good advice on removing it. I always tell the dealer to knock off $2K of the price if they are going to advertise on my rides. I've never had one put on after saying that :D They always put their crappy little license plate bracket on which I promptly through away :D

Ha Ha.. thats exactly what I do!!! I say if you goona use my vehicle as a billboard.. then your goona pay for it!!!

i tell them no decal or no sale.

I do'nt know why everybody says the sun. I found it easier when it was cold to remove the emblems of my warrior. The glue wasn't as sticky so it didn't stick to every damn thing. I relate it to the whole gum thing, you use ice not heat to remove gum.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back