Death Squeal!

ViperCLKGTR

Reaction score
So my truck has started this squeal the likes I've never heard a squeal before. From start-up for about 10-15 minutes my belt squeals like a scalding pig. IT IS LOUD! I've had idler squeal and old belt squeal but this is something different. It's a new belt installed with my V1R pulley and it is a high pitched scream with any throttle. V1R pulley is still good so it can't be that. Idler and tensioner are a year old, they couldn't be bad already.

It sounds like it could be the P/S pulley maybe? How could I lube it to see?

So my truck has started this squeal the likes I've never heard a squeal before. From start-up for about 10-15 minutes my belt squeals like a scalding pig. IT IS LOUD! I've had idler squeal and old belt squeal but this is something different. It's a new belt installed with my V1R pulley and it is a high pitched scream with any throttle. V1R pulley is still good so it can't be that. Idler and tensioner are a year old, they couldn't be bad already.

It sounds like it could be the P/S pulley maybe? How could I lube it to see?

Just remove the belt and spin each accessory bud. Don't rule out idler or tensioner because they're a year old ;)
Willing to bet its one of em. Your voltage doesn't change when this horrific noise is audible?

I usually pour a little water on inside of belt when engine is running. If squeal stops then it is belt , pulley alignment or worn pulley. If it continues you should be able to put a long screw driver or stick on each of the other rotating parts, put your ear against other end of stick, you will soon know what part is the culprit. Good luck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back