Debadging in progress

tripeph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started debadging my truck today. Its about 20 deg. here in NY. Thanks for the tips. Pics to follow.:star:

Good Luck and make sure to have enough fishing line and adhesive remover on hand...oh and gloves!!:D:D:D

nwappleby said:
point me to your tips.....
fising line, blow dryer, 3m adhesive remover, and i just used medical tape on both of my index fingers(prevents cuts)

Does anyone have the exact procedure to do this? I would like to do mine as well.

jlwilsonjr said:
Does anyone have the exact procedure to do this? I would like to do mine as well.

Very simple. With fishing line wrapped around your fingers using a sawing motion, saw off the letters. Then soak the black adhesive with your goo gone or similar product. Then using your fingers rub off the sticky crap. When done wash and wax that area. It takes a little time and elbow grease but well worth the effort.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Very simple. With fishing line wrapped around your fingers using a sawing motion, saw off the letters. Then soak the black adhesive with your goo gone or similar product. Then using your fingers rub off the sticky crap. When done wash and wax that area. It takes a little time and elbow grease but well worth the effort.

patrick

Patrick, Patrick, Patrick.:(

You forgot the most important part of this procedure.

BEER.

One beer is required per door, and one more for the tailgate. More beer is actually preferred, but this is the absolute minimum.

Silverback said:
Patrick, Patrick, Patrick.:(

You forgot the most important part of this procedure.

BEER.

One beer is required per door, and one more for the tailgate. More beer is actually preferred, but this is the absolute minimum.
You start drinking from cans yet?

muttvipertruck said:
You start drinking from cans yet?

Well son, I have been known to drink straight from kegs.:eek: So I guess if you count 7.5 gallon kegs as cans, then the answer is yes.;) :D :p

Did someone say BEER? Yum. Everything is better w/ BEER Think I'll go de-badge my truck now and drink beer, minus the de-badging my truck part.

i just did the ram logo on the back of my truck last night man what a pain lol, i used fishing line it worked for the most part the hard part was the black goo crap that was just a major pain i ended up using a bit of thinner and it finally came off. put new wax on it after good to go.

debadged the truck today---tried fishing line then denatal floss---what a pain----decided to try some kite string and bingo had them off in less time than it takes to drink a beer-----used wd 40 and a plastic paint scrapper to remove remaining adhesive--took about half hour to complete---i left the srt10 badges on the doors,,, I realized they have different locations from one door to the other-----guess i need to move one or remove them

What pound fishing line do you use? 10 lb or 60?

I was joking but:p ... come to think about it it could make a difference!
Lower test line is thinner so could work better.:dontknow:

I need to do this to mine too.:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back