decent 1/8 mile times?

SRT10R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my truck to the 1/8 mile track since its the only one around here for the first time. Wondering if my times were very decent. My is basically stock with full exhaust and volant cai.

first run was 9.29
second was 9.15
Third was 9.20 but I missed 3rd bad.

all these runs I was racing a lighting that put down 456rwhp/498rwtq on street tires. He would always pass me bout half way down the track. The last one I knew I would have had him until that damn miss. He ran a 9.09 that run.

did get to run a gtr...blew my doors off haha

That's not too bad. If my math is right that equates to a 13.9 1/4 mile time.

My last 1/8th on street tires was an 8.37 @ 85mph. I had k&n CAI, magnaflow catback and a can tune spinning. I assume you are spinning quite a bit. What are you're other times(60' and 330)

My last 1/8th on street tires was an 8.37 @ 85mph. I had k&n CAI, magnaflow catback and a can tune spinning. I assume you are spinning quite a bit. What are you're other times(60' and 330)

Good point, a complete breakdown of the time slip usually shows where improvement is necessary. I just pulled up my slip for my 12.87 and my 1/8th mile was 8.296 @ 86.54 mph.

Also your elevation prolly isnt 30' so you're times will be higher. Someone could runs some corrected times for ya if you want tho.

60'? And find a real track that has a 1/4 mile.

I was running at mid america motorplex in glenwood iowa. It was for the Ice cream cruise and there was 6000 cars there this year so they didnt hand out time slips :/ I wasnt spinning a ton but am running the stock 22s with nitto 420s. Third is a huge pain and theres a spot between 3rd and 5th I have hit a time or two. Waiting for my venom shifter

Mine has been down the track once and it was still a auto then with the spare under it,subs under the seat and the bed cover on and it ran a 8.79 I've done the six speed with aluminum flywheel and driveshaft and removed the bed cover and spare and subs and I'm hoping to run it again soon to see how it does now

I was running at mid america motorplex in glenwood iowa. It was for the Ice cream cruise and there was 6000 cars there this year so they didnt hand out time slips :/ I wasnt spinning a ton but am running the stock 22s with nitto 420s. Third is a huge pain and theres a spot between 3rd and 5th I have hit a time or two. Waiting for my venom shifter

The nittos are a good tire. My best 60' is actually on them and not my DR's so far lol. Lil piece of advice. Re-align the shifter. I have 73k on my truck and just did it last weekend. Shifts much better!

Yeah these tires are really nice. Is there a write up how to do so. I did the stock shifter mod but idk how to all ign it...

Yeah these tires are really nice. Is there a write up how to do so. I did the stock shifter mod but idk how to all ign it...

What I did was remove center console, and robber seal cover thing under it. Loosened the 4 allen bolts holding shifter in a tad, rowed thru the gears a few times, left it in third, tightened bolts, rowed back thru the gears, then took it for a drive. so much easier into 1st 3rd and reverse especially. I was having a nightmare gettin in R for a while.

I only have 26k on mine but damn is hard to get into R sometimes! I think I need to bleed my clutch as well. Think I wanna get rid of that crappy stock fluid.

I only have 26k on mine but damn is hard to get into R sometimes! I think I need to bleed my clutch as well. Think I wanna get rid of that crappy stock fluid.

A clutch bleed and shifter re-align will help tons. Combined it might take an hour to do. 2 if you really take yur time.

A lot of places don't have 1/4 mile tracks nearby. At least he's runnin it at the track and not racing it between school zones and reitrement communites.

Those have the best 1/4 mile though!

It just takes seat time. The more you beat on the truck, the better you get driving it.

Get a drive shaft loop, traction bars and some slicks(on different wheels). Then your time will drop A LOT. 60' is everything at the track.

Most important, have fun. Run against yourself. Keep trying to do better. Dont worry about what the person next to you run or anyone here even though they may have the same mods. Every truck/driver is different.

those are good times, mine were about the same and i was feathering through first not slipping hitting 2.2 60's and 9.16 at 81mph

51468d1369444660-1-8-1-4-drag-times-image.jpg

Ok bled the clutch and re aligned the shifter. Didnt get to really go drive it much but from what I did it made quite a difference! Im def. Gonna go to the track more so I can actually get some slips and see where my improvement needs to be. I have video of the last run but I cant get it up on here for some reason. Thanks guys you've been a ton of help!

image.jpgIts upside down and i dont know how to fix it but here is my slip from tonight. 05 RC with volant CAI on factory pirelli tires. I'm in the right lane.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back