Deck Install

Harasin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So before I sold the hemi I took out my deck (Avic n4) with my serius sat, nav and bluetooth at my local futureshop. When I bought my 10 I went back to the same futureshop to get it installed. The first day, they spent like 5 hours and finally call me saying that they're going to have to rewire the speakers? Appearently it has something to do with the factory amp, and how theres no way to turn it on with the new deck. So I said okay ill bring it by tomorrow and you can finish it up. So I did, they end up spending another 3 hours and call me to come pick it up. When I got there, the guy said "Oh we came accross a problem". They couldnt get the radio to work thru my deck. They had mounted the stock deck behind my passenger seat!! It lookes awefulllllllll. He said it had something to do with data on the back of the stock deck? I thought it would be simple.

Has anyone else replaced JUST the deck? Any problems? Thanks.

Oh and the bluetooth doesnt work either. Good job futureshop!

What kind of unit are you putting in, an aftermarket? If so Metra Periphal and some others make an adapter to turn on the fatory amps with other radios.....I my opinion those harness's suck..it burned my Kenwood eXcelon unit out...I'm waiting for my new unit to come and I'm just going to rewire the whole system...If you have the time and $$ do that it's the best option...not to mention it will sound 1000x's better

Thanks for the reply. Ive got a pioneer avic-n4. The guy said he had no way of making it work without the stock deck being plugged in also. I guess he didn't know about the other addapters. Do you know exactly which adapter it is? Maybe a part number? I'm trying to find it online. Thanks :D

Harasin said:
Thanks for the reply. Ive got a pioneer avic-n4. The guy said he had no way of making it work without the stock deck being plugged in also. I guess he didn't know about the other addapters. Do you know exactly which adapter it is? Maybe a part number? I'm trying to find it online. Thanks :D
Yea I have one I'm selling for $90 or else I'm going to return it b/c I'm going to a new set-up
I didn't like the harness style..it's good if you only want to add a face and use the existing system...the adapter allows the radio to be louder but it distorts a little...Let me know the part i have is....Metra CHTO-02
Let me know if not I'll be returning it for a refund...

Appearently the Metra CHTO-03 is for dodge vehicles. the Metra CHTO-02 is for the pacifica only? Maybe thats why it burned up your deck.

No I believe it was because I swapped the battery and didn't disconnect the radio.....CHTO=02 is what is used for our trucks with the Infinity...Pacifica has the same system....03 I believe is for the 06 with different wiring

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back