Did my own dual exhaust cut out!

BlackRamSrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after trying to find a rear bumper with the dual cut outs. I decided to do some cutting myself. Whats the worst I could do? Buy a new rear bumper If I screw things up: ) First, I got out my white paint pen and marked around the hump that is sticking out. I figure I will cut this side out first so I can use it as a templet, Then I got my rotozip out and slowly cut the hump off. So, I got both my cuts done and I ran up to auto zone to pick up some metal trim and here is the final results. P.S The white lines on the cut out was not the line I was to follow:) What do you guys and ladys think?

Attachments

• srt2.jpg
    srt2.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 1,615
  • coins 023.jpg
    coins 023.jpg
    471.2 KB · Views: 8,854
  • srt10.jpg
    srt10.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 9,608
I like that, you thinking about getting some bigger tips to fill in that space. What did you use to cut it and what did you line it up with , it looks silver

bclark05 said:
I like it I think you got something started here...

Not an original idea but black ram used a different (and less costly) approach that actually looks good...I already have a matching bumper piece to do my exhaust like below..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzduel.jpg

TNVIPER said:
Not an original idea but black ram used a different (and less costly) approach that actually looks good...I already have a matching bumper piece to do my exhaust like below..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzduel.jpg

No RESPECT,flashin my ass end all over the internet !!! :D

Is that the bottom of the bumper in the pics? If so, you should take your rotozip to that as well. :)

Nice work though!! Props for having the cajones to cut your bumper like that!! :rock:

Hey Roz, I believe its the support for the tow hitch.
6pakattack, I wish I could have found a molded bumper like yours! but when I had my exhaust installed. I couldn't find anything as far as bumper wise. So. I took my measurements from the lip of the cut out to the top of the bumper, then from the side panel to the side of the cut out. It looks alot better than how the pic turned out.. And thanks for the compliments!

It takes alot of brass to cut up a perfectly good bumper,Looks like you pulled it off.:congrats: I wish my truck shined like that!!:rock:

Love it:rock: :rock: and damn from that second pic you took almost looks like you got a chrome srt-10, it's so effing shiny:rock: :rock:

is such a dual outlet bumper not for sale on the aftermarket?:dontknow:
Been looking for one but no succes so far.

That looks awsome , now what kind of wax you use, how did you get your trk to shine like that??:rock: :congrats:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back