Did previous owner replace tail lights?

Peter Nielsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that my tail lights are missing the "orange" outline that I've seen on several other SRT trucks. Mine are plain red (and white).

Did somebody replace them, or are the ones I've seen with the orange outline a popular mod?

Thanks,
Peter

Here's what I'm talking about. I don't have the orange "accent" on my taillights...

attachment.php

Attachments

• srt10taillight.jpg
    srt10taillight.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 421
Here's what I'm talking about. I don't have the orange "accent" on my taillights...

attachment.php

Nah man, yours are fine. That orange outline comes out from the camera flash. There is no orange outline on our tail lights.

Nah man, yours are fine. That orange outline comes out from the camera flash. There is no orange outline on our tail lights.

No, it's not the flash, though the flash makes it look more yellow than orange. In real life it looks orange.

I have actually seen these types of lights in real life on another SRT-10 and there is an obvious orange outline that makes the tail lights look extraordinary. This morning I suddenly realized that something is wrong with my tail lights. They look plain :)

Last edited:
That is from the reflector inside the light. Dodge didn't make a tail light with "Orange accents"

41wrgix2frl.jpg

That is from the reflector inside the light. Dodge didn't make a tail light with "Orange accents"

According to the parts list that seems to be the case. I could swear I saw that orange outline in real life on another truck. However, now when I think of it, that was a sunny day and it appears the sun created the same effect as the camera flash. An optical illusion.

I just took a picture and what you say is true! The flash actually creates an obvious orange outline. Case closed.

Last edited:
According to the parts list that seems to be the case. I could swear I saw that orange outline in real life on another truck. However, now when I think of it, that was a sunny day and it appears the sun created the same effect as the camera flash. An optical illusion.

I just took a picture and what you say is true! The flash actually creates an obvious orange outline. Case closed.

The Go Mango (orange) colored Daytona trks have a body colored accent around the outer edges of the tail lights, maybe thats what you saw on another trk :dontknow:

The Go Mango (orange) colored Daytona trks have a body colored accent around the outer edges of the tail lights, maybe thats what you saw on another trk :dontknow:

Pic? I couldn't find one

found one. Was this a dealer part or aftermarket? :dontknow:
Either way, not on our trucks.

22837390021_large.jpg

That's the camera flash effect. Fooled me too, and I could not believe it at first... :D

nope, look again at that truck. It has the reflector flash thing, but also has some trim piece painted the same color as the truck.
Our trucks did not have this.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back