Did you have the STS system?

FlyingLow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you had the STS system, pulled it off your truck and are not going to sell it then I need a part. I need the elbow right before the TB. Mine has a hole in it from the meth kit. I took the meth kit off but the hole is still there. For now I left the nozzle in, but I want to sell the kit and I can't find a plug for the hole.

You getting rid of the kit right after you got it back from Marty?:confused:

I don't have one but is there any way to plug the hole? Rubber -- I would try a 3M adhesive with a plug. Aluminum -- I would try the same approach, weld in a plug. Sorry, I'm not familiar with the kit and it's components or how much of a hole/damage needs to be fixed.

FastRam said:
I don't have one but is there any way to plug the hole? Rubber -- I would try a 3M adhesive with a plug. Aluminum -- I would try the same approach, weld in a plug. Sorry, I'm not familiar with the kit and it's components or how much of a hole/damage needs to be fixed.
See above post,put a piece of cardboard on the inside,smear the jb weld on the outside,when it drys,sand and paint.

Brat said:
See above post,put a piece of cardboard on the inside,smear the jb weld on the outside,when it drys,sand and paint.

JB Weld is some good $hit! :D

I have a 1/4" NPT anodized blue plug you can have.

I don't want to use anything other than a plug in-case it ever fell into the intake. Here is a pic of where the meth goes into the intake.

PICT0002.jpg

msdnga said:
I have a 1/4" NPT anodized blue plug you can have.

I tried a bunch of different sizes today with no luck. It is right in between a 12 and 14 on the metric. So just shy of a 1/2 inch.

I'm not selling the STS, just taking the meth kit off since I don't use it anymore.

FlyingLow said:
I tried a bunch of different sizes today with no luck. It is right in between a 12 and 14 on the metric. So just shy of a 1/2 inch.

I'm not selling the STS, just taking the meth kit off since I don't use it anymore.
Take it to a welding shop they can weld it shut and you will have no problems.:rock:

I know some guys have taken off the STS system and don't want to sell it. I just want it to look good under the hood. A weld might not be bad but I don't want it to look crappy.

Hey Smoke I don't know if this helps but...If the plug is right between 12 and 14....:confused: Try a 13 :dontknow: :D I know the Navy has much lower standards these days but 13 would be the missing link between 12 and 14...Hope that helps :D :p

TheSickness said:
Hey Smoke I don't know if this helps but...If the plug is right between 12 and 14....:confused: Try a 13 :dontknow: :D I know the Navy has much lower standards these days but 13 would be the missing link between 12 and 14...Hope that helps :D :p
smart ass....... :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back