Dif gears

slick771977

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys looking to change my differential gears any suggestions my buddy told me to get 5.38?

Hey guys looking to change my differential gears any suggestions my buddy told me to get 5.38?

This is a really great question and I am very, very happy you asked. The absolute best gears for our truck are... (hang on and I'll run pull up a thread or two that might mention it). Also, please add your location to your profile.

**Edit** OK, so I looked around but couldn't really find where this had been talked about much. I recommend maybe checking out viperalley.com. The folks over there are sweethearts and will surely have the answer you seek. Make sure to tell them we sent you. :D

Last edited:
Omg I wished you had used the search option before posting this. Now caveman will keep the VTCOA busy bumping threads for three days. Ugh

Just asking for a little help just got my truck 2 months ago .Took it to the strip once and now IM HOOOKED!!

What is you setup now and future goals? That tell you what gear you'll need. Otherwise if lightly modding leave them be.

Does that really matter if you really want to know Florida ok caveman

Yes, it matters. First of all, the elevation where you live plays a significant role in whether it makes sense to change the gears in your truck. (Changing them while living in Florida, where you live with decent DA and traction is already an issue, will only slow you down.) Secondly, it allows us to know if you are in an area where there are other members who might have the mods your interested in. It's always nice if you can ride in a truck before deciding to mod your own. I happen to know someone in Florida who has 5.13's. But, since Florida is a big state, I have no idea if they are near you.

I'm going with 1.90, so I don't have to shift anymore. First gear for all speeds. I may need a little more torque, though, to start moving.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back