DIFF NOISE

DAVID

Reaction score
06 QUAD CAB WITH 300 MILES GETTING A WHINING NOISE FROM THE REAR AXEL WHEN NOT ON THE GAS,IS THIS JUST RUNNING IN OR DO I HAVE A PROBLEM.YOUR HELP PLEASE

Should not be making a noise...get back to the dealer...where do you go in the UK by the way???? Is there a dealer there?

Welcome to the forum...this is home, we will find a way to help...

sleeper said:
I don't think he has a warranty. If you buy out of the country.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well if you don't have a warranty, then get in on the Detroit Locker rear end group buy...pm Stinker today! Or is it already tomorrow there...whatever, we will help...

I had my '06 into the dealer yesterday for a couple of things. I asked them to check a little noise from the rear end. Only happens around 40 mph, when coasting. My friend who is a tech there said I shouldn't worry about it right now, it's not that bad and he could potentially make it worse if he tried to fix.

He is capable of setting up rear ends, his concern is that right now it is minor and isolated to a specific range (really have to listen for it). His concern is that the range might move or become louder. Bottom line is that it is a 4:56 gear, a little noise is to be expected in my opinion. If it get worse, I have it documented that I noticed it early (I've only had it for 3 months now).

OK plenty of time...if it becomes a roar...could be that the race in the bearing is bad...and the the bearings will follow shortly.

umm im not sure what u means by diff noise, maybe you can try take it to dealer and ask about the noise and have them to check it, only if there is a dealer at england....hmm i wondering...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back