Difference in Truck & Viper T56

the truck trannies are prefered by most since the do have sorta upgraded internals, but basically a similar tranny, they can be internally changed to work with almost any applications

Update:

The T56 i have (TUET2190AD) is from an 2005 Ram SRT-10; confirmed by Tremec, Rockland Standard and local Dodge dealer.

There appears to be a lot of misinformation out there regarding the difference in The Ram SRT-10 and Viper T56 (and all T56's). According to Tremec and Rockland Standard, there are a few differences.

There are two types of SRT-10 trannies: I have an early model which is basically a Viper transmission with a different tailhousing (WITHOUT SPEED SENSOR), larger output shaft, yoke and a .80 and .63 (+/-+) overdrive. The later model trans has an upgraded second gear (stronger material and higher gear) and has different gear overdrives.

I need a speed sensor (or mechanical drive) so i need to swap the tailhousing to a viper, or trade my trans...not sure what im gonna do. If anyone has a viper tailhousing they want to get rid of, i need it!

Thanks for everything guys!

Hello I'm new to this site as u can see this is my first post...sry to bring this back from the dead but I'm trying to figure out which tranny I have I recently bought a t56 off eBay the person I bought it from said its a srt10 viper tranny I tried googling the part number nothing comes up I tried calling tremec they said they don't have that number listed tuet 5245a they have tuet5248 which is a viper gtx part number tried calling the dealer they gave me the run around then told me they couldn't help...can anyone help me figure what tranny it is that I have? Any help is appreciated

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back