Differential Cover Bolts

Cruster

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, got tired of looking at the rusty diff cover bolts. Could only find anodized. So I just hard painted the forkers, since I couldn't find stainless and my truck is black anyway:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
So here's what it looks like. Cleaned the housing with wheel cleaner and wiped off the shocks and Caltracs. Sorry about pic size...too lazy to change it:D :D :D

DifferentialCover004.jpg

DifferentialCover003.jpg

DifferentialCover001.jpg

DifferentialCover005.jpg

Midnight Runner said:
I think all of you guys are not right.:eek: :eek: :D
Ahhhhh. You're part of this madness sir. And after Panama..........Well, I just leave it at that. :D

Try a Mag-Hytec or PML cover for your next swapout.

TNVIPER said:
I replaced mine over a year ago with stainless bolts I found at Lowes...

Went to Lowe's, Home Depot, Fastenal and finally ordered them from ACE but they didn't have stainless. I think they are allergic to stainless steel in Missoula, Montana. PIA for a simple project.

Azmotorhead said:
Stainless and aluminum hava a severe dislike of each other. Corrosion will be setting in.

No rear swaybar or diff snubber??

Didn't know that....mine are anodized and painted. Prolly last a week:D :D

Nope...Caltracs helped alot with sway when changing lanes at high speed, sure it could be much better.

heck if i tried to replace all the rusty parts on my truck with stainless i would have a stainless steel 1981 k10!

Rust????? Truck abuse!!

I even put bearing grease in my lug nuts, and my truck never sees rain or even damp roads.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back