Dipped the rims

LitemUp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plasti dipped the rims. I first went with the gum metal grey didn't like how they looked. They had a blue tint to them. So I went to Home Depot and bought some black and painted over the grey. I order the Silver Metalizer earlier this week, and it came in this afternoon. I will be spraying them with 2 -3 coats of the moralized to get the charcoal grey look that I want. Here are some pics of the wheels on black. I'll post up new picks once I finish spraying them tomorrow with the mrtalizer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    851.7 KB · Views: 458
Here's a pic of the rim with the Metalizer on it. Gives it a gloss and metal flake look.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    995.6 KB · Views: 121
He's doing good. I spoke with him last week. Planning to see him maybe next month once I have all of the break in miles on the motor.

Cool, he a cool cat. Always brags about you and your truck as well as his. He's a die hard Viper lover for sure :)

Those wheels look killer both ways!!!
When you say you plasti dipped them is that done at a shop or in a can done yourself?

Last edited:
Those wheels look killer both ways!!!
When you say you plasti dipped them is that done at a shop or in a can done yourself?

You can do it yourself. I did it on my driveway after I got home from work when I originally dipped them in black. When I did the metalizer it took me about 45 min cause I needed to take the rims off the truck again. Very easy to do it yourself. And for the money you can't beat it. It totally transforms your truck .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    680.5 KB · Views: 101
I've been curious as to what the dark gray looks like. Yours look great. Thanks for the pics. I'll keep this thread in mind if I ever get to where I can do mine.
Good work.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back