Dipped the wheels again...

They do make a matte clear dip, I'm tempted to try it to give a car the "frozen" look which has become popular. There is also a Pearlizer, or you could go straight metalizer. Like on a black truck go with a gold or silver metalizer. There is also the glossifer that will give you a shiny clear.

I thought the gloss stuff didn't work like the normal colors. I was thinking the viper would look good blue with black wheels

I'll look into it more but I'm pretty sure they can all be used direct on paint.

The matte clear can be, maybe you would have to use the matte clear as the base and glossifier to make it shine, I'll find out.

How well does the dip hold up to a car wash?
Much better on a touch less, I ran my rig though Mike's car wash which is kind of hard on vehicles and after a dozen washes in one week (unlimited pass) and one of the panels pealed but the rest is still fine. I think the spinning brushes caught an edge and pealed it it back.

The only thing I had happen was some peeling from a little curb rash. other than that I never had an issue with the stuff. I sprayed a shitload of the glossifier on my wing and every time it dries to a frozen/matte look. I thought it was supposed to be shiny like paint…?

The only thing I had happen was some peeling from a little curb rash. other than that I never had an issue with the stuff. I sprayed a shitload of the glossifier on my wing and every time it dries to a frozen/matte look. I thought it was supposed to be shiny like paint…?

Did you use the black dip first. It definitly comes out more shiny than plain black...

Did you use the black dip first. It definitly comes out more shiny than plain black...

Yea I dipped it in black first, then I did the glossifier. I think I just need to go back and put on one thick shiny coat.

VenomTruck, I LOVE the way your truck looks without the spoiler. It makes it look even lower and sleeker. Leave it off for a while!

Any pictures of the wing with the gloss on it?

Ill have some tomorrow.

VenomTruck, I LOVE the way your truck looks without the spoiler. It makes it look even lower and sleeker. Leave it off for a while!

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Too bad the bed rails are kinda trashed where the wing has been for years.

That shit does come in handy. I love the wing though, cant leave it off. Even if it just stays flat black its going back on, Ill just throw a big red SRT sticker on it and it'll be fine.

My GF did her parents front door in it lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back