Direct TV or CAbLE???

moparracing said:
it's been my experience that the dishes get a much better quality pic than cable, but have the cost that is much the same as cable once you pay for service extras like: local channel's & extra boxes for each room..... basic cable works for me....... cable internet use to be the fastest, but i think dsl is catching up in speed as well as price..... dsl is a must if you can't get cable in your area, dialup blows.....
i just checked my cable internet speeds: download = ~4mbps & upload = 400kbps... ;)

if you want to test your's, try:

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Go to DSLREPORTS.COM and Go to "tweek tools".... Download DRTCP021. I was running at ~3700Kbps before I ran this file... Look at my post above the result.... ;)

Black1 said:
Go to DSLREPORTS.COM and Go to "tweek tools".... Download DRTCP021. I was running at ~3700Kbps before I ran this file... Look at my post above the result.... ;)

went to the website you suggested, went to tools & ran tweeker test which said my connection was good ???

didn't find DRTCP021 ? :dontknow:

i guess this is why my speeds are what they are:

from comcast webpage:
If you currently subscribe to any of the Comcast Cable TV services, the following High-Speed Internet Service options are available to you:

Download speed Upload speed Monthly rate
6Mbps 384Kbps $42.95

so, my 4mbps & 400kbps are pretty accurate....... for $10.00 more a month, i can get 8mbps & 750kps.... nahhhhhhh.....:D

moparracing said:
i guess this is why my speeds are what they are:

from comcast webpage:
If you currently subscribe to any of the Comcast Cable TV services, the following High-Speed Internet Service options are available to you:

Download speed Upload speed Monthly rate
6Mbps 384Kbps $42.95

so, my 4mbps & 400kbps are pretty accurate....... for $10.00 more a month, i can get 8mbps & 750kps.... nahhhhhhh.....:D

Hmmmm.... Well, I tried. :dontknow: :eek: :D ;)

One last thing.... If you are running Norton Anti-Virus 2006 or higher, it is a complete resource hog. ... This could be what is holding your system down. :dontknow:

I turned it off when I tested mine the second time....

Direct TV just for NFL Sunday Ticket and Optonline.net (ie Cablevision) for cable internet...just tested speakeasy link

DL 7531 :rock:
UL 1821 :rock:

Direct from optonline.net indicates 6.799MB down and 2.083MB up so pretty close...49.95/mo since no cable plan

Last edited:
Black1 said:
One last thing.... If you are running Norton Anti-Virus 2006 or higher, it is a complete resource hog. ... This could be what is holding your system down. :dontknow:

I turned it off when I tested mine the second time....

that's why i don't use norton..... causes more issues than it's worth....... macafee for me.........:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back