Directional tire question

Chewbacca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have directionals for both my summer and winter tires. What is the correct way to rotate them? Do I only switch from front to back and back to front? Or am I supposed to do that once, then have tires removed so they can go on other side as well?

Thanks!

I have directionals for both my summer and winter tires. What is the correct way to rotate them? Do I only switch from front to back and back to front? Or am I supposed to do that once, then have tires removed so they can go on other side as well?

Thanks!

You tires last long enough to be rotated?? When my rears get under 50% I just put them on the front and buy new rears...I would be careful putting unequal tread depth on the rears, can be rough on our rear clutches...

Last edited:
You tires last long enough to be rotated??

Lol, it's more of a question for my car, as I just switched back to my 22"s, and noticed the winters were worn on the insides. Must be alignment.

back to front, same side.

Cool, thanks! Was hoping so, it would be annoying to have them dismounted every other rotation.

Another somewhat related question...should I be getting an alignment every time I switch between my 22's and my 17" winter tires?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back