IMAG0913.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 598
  • IMAG0910.jpg
    IMAG0910.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 484
  • IMAG0904563.jpg
    IMAG0904563.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 7,326
The gray bezel, the part that surrounds the black piece, lifts off. You can remove it by grasping the gray bezel and gently pull up. That bezel is attached by 5 or 6 clip that are inserted into the lower console's base. You can also use a trip stick to gently pry up the bezel. Once the gray bezel is removed, the floor console base can be removed. To do this, remove the three attachment screws. The base can then be lifted out. Be careful to avoid snapping the base locator pins. There are two locator pins at the front the base that are inserted into the dash bezel.

Once you have the console out the way, shifter access is a breeze. Once other note: the shifter sealing boot is attached to the floor board by 5 or 6 small allen head screws. When I replaced my shifter, I had to slice a it of carpeting in order to have access to several screws. Once you have all the screws removed, gently pry up on the rubber sealing boot to remove it. And when reattaching the rubber sealing boot, I suggest applying a small bead of black RTV silicone sealant.

One other tip, make sure the truck is in neutral before removing the shifter base from the transmission.

The gray bezel, the part that surrounds the black piece, lifts off. You can remove it by grasping the gray bezel and gently pull up. That bezel is attached by 5 or 6 clip that are inserted into the lower console's base. You can also use a trip stick to gently pry up the bezel. Once the gray bezel is removed, the floor console base can be removed. To do this, remove the three attachment screws. The base can then be lifted out. Be careful to avoid snapping the base locator pins. There are two locator pins at the front the base that are inserted into the dash bezel.

Once you have the console out the way, shifter access is a breeze. Once other note: the shifter sealing boot is attached to the floor board by 5 or 6 small allen head screws. When I replaced my shifter, I had to slice a it of carpeting in order to have access to several screws. Once you have all the screws removed, gently pry up on the rubber sealing boot to remove it. And when reattaching the rubber sealing boot, I suggest applying a small bead of black RTV silicone sealant.

One other tip, make sure the truck is in neutral before removing the shifter base from the transmission.

Thanks for the quick and full response :rock:
Went to to the garage :) :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back