does it have to be premium?

Here is a good article on Valero and cheap fuel
Will Cheaper Gas Hurt My Engine? | TrueCar Blog
"When one driver asked Valero (one of the largest refiners in the United States) about detergents in their gas, Valero replied, saying “We target 110% of the EPA requirement, but do not make claims that it is better… [Top Tier is usually about two-times the EPA requirements] We cannot justify the cost of Top Tier status, since only a small percentage of customers will actually benefit. Top Tier of any over-additized fuel only really benefits high-performance engines.â€￾

Interesting article thanks! I dint know what "top tier" gas is. Assuming it's shell or chevron that's good bc that's what I run. I just use the valero when I visit fam in tx and drive 120mi or better. My tune is so clean I could run muhamids gas on mlk blvd and it wouldn't leave deposits lol

I may be mistaken ,,, But I believe the Dodge specs recommended octane is 91 which is premium fuel on a stock motor... But check the owners manual to be sure !

I may be mistaken ,,, But I believe the Dodge specs recommended octane is 91 which is premium fuel on a stock motor... But check the owners manual to be sure !

That is correct. All Manufacturers around the world tune for 91, when "premium" is required. Alot of regions in the United states and in europe only offer 91 as their highest premium and that is why. Its the worse case scenario. If you are in an area that carries 93, you can have Torrie write your tune for that fuel.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back