does my dog have lyme disease?

scoobert

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
my dog had a bout with a tick two weeks ago. now she is holding her paw up and toddling about the house with 3 paws. this started just today, about 2-3 weeks after the bite. according to my research this may well be lyme disease.

HOWEVER

my two dogs play like Tasmanian devils. running like mad, and this would not be the first time they have hurt themselves playing.

i am worried about the timing. 3 weeks is about the correct amount of time to show symptoms.

i am out of town on a business trip, so i am seeing if my mother can find time in her busy schedule to take them to the vet while i am away.

i know treatment is no big deal, antibiotics for two weeks, and even untreated this may vanish and not ever resurface again.

has anyone had first hand experience?

eating is normal, energy is normal, except it is obvious she was in pain so less likely to jump up and down.....

our dog has had lyme, the thing to watch for is lack of appetite and being tired more then usual, the appetite was the real clue to take him to the doc, he didnt want to eat much, then they put him on alot of antibiotics, which made him want to eat even less, great right, but after awhile we managed to get the massive drugs in him and food, took about 2 months to get him back up in weight, he relaped a year later, it never leaves them. one time 2 years ago he did break a bone in his foot playing in the yard , would not put it down, had to be cast for 7 weeks, sounds like that might be your problem not lyme

then she would need that cast and a cone thing?

also noteworthy she seemed to be bothered when i touch the bite site, it still has a raised bump.

Could have gotten infected. Take the poor pup to the vet instead of asking Viper truck owners for advice!

scoobert said:
then she would need that cast and a cone thing?

also noteworthy she seemed to be bothered when i touch the bite site, it still has a raised bump.

cut the bump and suck the infection out ,,,,:stupido2:

ChrisAZ said:
Could have gotten infected. Take the poor pup to the vet instead of asking Viper truck owners for advice!

good point:stupido2:

RB04 said:
good point:stupido2:
You all are not dealing with the sharpest stick in the pile here you know;) ;)

might want to check his paw, may have just got something stuck in it or may have cut it. my great dane does that from time to time. she will cut one of her pads and limp on it for a few days, if not take em to the vet.

how bout spending some money and take the dog to the vet,thats if u care at all about your dogs,instead of asking a truck forum.some people should NEVER OWN AN ANIMAL

in case you all missed it.... I AM ON A BUSINESS TRIP!
will not be home till Saturday. i have been searching frantically for someone to take her to the vet, and even left cash in the house if i can find someone. noone has a car, i live too far from town for anyone to get her. i think the one vet close to me is open Saturday. from what i have read there is no test for lyme disease. will have to wait and see.

scoobert said:
in case you all missed it.... I AM ON A BUSINESS TRIP!
will not be home till Saturday. i have been searching frantically for someone to take her to the vet, and even left cash in the house if i can find someone. noone has a car, i live too far from town for anyone to get her. i think the one vet close to me is open Saturday. from what i have read there is no test for lyme disease. will have to wait and see.

Ok so your on a business trip............who is watching the dogs for ya:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: ??????????? They like to eat atleast once a day, and of course a little water does them good from time to time!

RB04 said:
our dog has had lyme, the thing to watch for is lack of appetite and being tired more then usual, the appetite was the real clue to take him to the doc, he didnt want to eat much, then they put him on alot of antibiotics, which made him want to eat even less, great right, but after awhile we managed to get the massive drugs in him and food, took about 2 months to get him back up in weight, he relaped a year later, it never leaves them. one time 2 years ago he did break a bone in his foot playing in the yard , would not put it down, had to be cast for 7 weeks, sounds like that might be your problem not lyme

Remember Bro, He ain't even there to feed them so lack of appetite would be good ! LOL:marchmellow:

I'm sorry, but you knew there was something up with your dog, you left on a business trip without taking the dog to the vet and for the past week, it's fending for it's self as far as the issue.

That's just wrong

my dogs are trained to eat only a proper amount of food, they have enough food and water for two weeks. they also have the AC set at 72.

ccfeyh, animals are not people. they are far more tough then we are. i cant count the number of 3 legged deer in the woods i have seen. they can heal themselves from most ailments. also i cannot lose a $25,000 contract for a dog, not even the fact that it is my favorite dog can change that.

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:
scoobert said:
my dogs are trained to eat only a proper amount of food, they have enough food and water for two weeks. they also have the AC set at 72.

ccfeyh, animals are not people. they are far more tough then we are. i cant count the number of 3 legged deer in the woods i have seen. they can heal themselves from most ailments. also i cannot lose a $25,000 contract for a dog, not even the fact that it is my favorite dog can change that.

Last edited:
Okay, lets say its all true...........Call a vet. I am sure they will answer your questions, hell for the right money, the will come to your house!!!

scoobert said:

Scoob, I wasn't hammering on you, but, seems anyone would at least take the time to make sure the dog was going to be taken care of even if it meant leaving the dog at a kennel. My dogs are not people either, but they are a part of my family. I get sick, I go to the doctor, one of them gets sick, I take them to a doctor. If I had been in your situation, I would have made sure the dog was covered, then done my business. Simple matter of being a responsible pet owner.

Last edited:
IH8CHVYS said:
:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:
aperently, you don't know much about dogs. if given endless food from the time they are puppys most breeds will only eat the required amount.

Question of the day?????????
Can they let themselves outside

litter box trained, and built a 3X4 litter box myself.

Okay, lets say its all true...........Call a vet. I am sure they will answer your questions, hell for the right money, the will come to your house!!!

despite tripodding about the house, neither dog would just let someone walk in.

Scoob, I wasn't hammering on you, but, seems anyone would at least take the time to make sure the dog was going to be taken care of even if it meant leaving the dog at a kennel. My dogs are not people either, but they are a part of my family. I get sick, I go to the doctor, one of them gets sick, I take them to a doctor. If I had been in your situation, I would have made sure the dog was covered, then done my business. Simple matter of being a responsible pet owner.

it was sunday, nothing would be open. and i have made calls to the one person who the dogs would let in, and she cannot find a car.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back