Does Removing the Tailgate and Spare Tire Yield Faster 1/4 Mile Times???

RESULTS

Well I made it up to Morosso last night. Temps were right around 82 degrees all evening. Truck is stock except for centerforce/fidenza. My first run was 14.2 then a couple of 14.0's all with the tail gate on and spare tire. I then took the tail gate off (but left the tire on) for the last 3 runs which were all in the 13's. My best was a 13.7 @ 103.5mph w/ 60 foots in the 2.25 range. The new clutch is feeling good...the truck chirped 4th gear twice!

Is a 2.2sec 60 foot about the best a RC can do on Street tires? I flet like I could get a better lauch the more I slipped the clutch but I do not want to burn that baby out! Is that everyones experience that you can't be slippin the clutch off the line or else you'll melt it down real quick? Better to just dump it? How much longer will it last doing it this way? Sorry I've never had a stick shift before not to mention one w/ a centerforce! Makes going to the track a LOT more interesting!!:rock:

FlyingLow said:
I had 1.8 60's without the spare and tailgate on the stock tires.

Smoke has had some awsome runs....

The average is closer to a flat 2.0 60'.......

Nowwhat said:
Blah blah blah....when are you going to stop talking and start racing....:D

If you have traction lose the gate, the spare, the cover

If you are slipping add the weight back......PERIOD.....

Once I get everyone in 'order' (aka slicks WITH brakes) then ill race you...I just want to do it right :thefinger: :five: :bootyshake:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back