Drag radials on stock QC, need some advice

In my non viper truck owner opinion, i would get drag radials or slicks. The whole point of DR's is to get off the line better. The first 1/8th mile is more important that the 2nd 1/8th of a mile. I would say no way in hell you can floor it off the line and get no wheel spin with stock 22's. You prob gotta do like an L with street tires, roll on to it just right.

I'm sure it was possible for me to get sub 2.0 60's with the stock shitty tires my truck came with but it's all about consistency. With my set up and i can mash the gas down off the line w/ zero wheel spin. That's how i like it. Only way you can mess it up is if i leave it in first gear after the burnout. Did that once :( Talk about thank god for a rev limiter!:rock:

TNVIPER said:

Thanks man, some good reading. If I was gonna stay stock I guess I would do the resistor trick, but, as soon as I run the times I'm looking to run stock, I'm modding. Drop in filter, headers, exhaust with no cats or maybe highflows, and flash or SCT will be first on the list, think by then I'll need the DR's so really thinking bout gettin them in advance JIC.

So what's the verdict? DR's gonna be bad for stock tranny? I'll try to do my best on the OEM rubber, see if she hooks.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back