Dream Theater - Long Island show

Chewbacca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to see them this Sunday at The Paramount?:rock: Still deciding, but probably gonna go. Haven't seen them since 2009, and the new album is pretty damn good. Mike Mangini took over at drums since Mike Portnoy left, which I was pissed about. But he sounds almost just as good.

Does anyone still listen to these guys?

They are coming to Chicago...don't know if you close. Supposed to be a great setlist. Gonna look it up later!

When I was in Arizona, I went to Gigantour. At the time time I was running sound reenforcement for my unit(Army musician). There was a short break in between bands and I got to talk to one of the sound guys running sound for Portnoy. Introduced myself told him what I did for the army and asked if he had time to answer some questions for a newbie. He let me come up and help set mics for portnoy drums explained placement and whatnot and got to meet hang with the band for a few before their set. Top notch guys.

When I was in Arizona, I went to Gigantour. At the time time I was running sound reenforcement for my unit(Army musician). There was a short break in between bands and I got to talk to one of the sound guys running sound for Portnoy. Introduced myself told him what I did for the army and asked if he had time to answer some questions for a newbie. He let me come up and help set mics for portnoy drums explained placement and whatnot and got to meet hang with the band for a few before their set. Top notch guys.

That's awesome! Yeah, I went to Gigantour, I guess it was in 2005 (just looked it up). Went to the one in Poughkeepsie, NY. Got there early, up front right against the stage. Finally got to see Nevermore, another favorite. That was one of the only times I saw Dream Theater standing up...every place they usually come to is all seats. The show this sunday has both, so I just bought GA standing. I like to be able to walk around and check out the place!

First time I saw D T was in 1998. They were first up on a bill that also included Emerson, Lake, and Palmer and Deep Purple. All 3 bands were stellar, and Deep Purple ended the show with "Highway Star." Definitely a great night. :)

Yeah, next saturday. Already have the tickets. Will try to post some pictures after.

Kept forgetting to post all week, but the show was awesome! They are doing a 3 hour set. If you want the setlist, I can type it up, or you can go to setlist.fm and look it up. Bunch of songs from the new cd, with a few old ones. Then a great encore, with a bunch of instrumental songs. Here are a couple pics I took. If you want to see some more pics, here is the link from the venue!

Dream Theater - The Paramount - Huntington, NY on 3/31/2014 - 129 photos, pictures and videos on CrowdAlbum

Great pictures man! Thanks for posting. We're going tomorrow night. Can't wait.

tixs_zpsb61f7e47.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back