Dressed for Racing

BIG NANA said:
I hate to say it, but I think the wing slows it down, alot. I'll let you guys know.

You are correct, a wing will slow you down as it creates drag.

Now before the famous wingless/headerless Mr. Nowwhat jumps in here;) :D :rock: stating that the stock wing only gives 150 pounds or downforce and is not worth it, the thing to remember is that Dodge never mentioned what the lift was prior to the wing.

For some of us old timers that drove cars from the 60's, we know how light 2 ton+ cars could get at speed because of lift.

Pay attention to that when you conduct your wind tunnel tests. Remember that the bed of a truck right behind the cab is a big, and I mean big low pressure area. That low pressure area is lift.

Would the stock wing be better??? What about the diff. between the '04 and '05/'06 wing? :dontknow: Maybe the "Speedster Cover" from Gaylords would work better as well? :confused:

Black1 said:
Would the stock wing be better??? What about the diff. between the '04 and '05/'06 wing? :dontknow: Maybe the "Speedster Cover" from Gaylords would work better as well? :confused:

There is no way to tell without testing.

Rumor had it that the reason the factory covers/wings were delayed in 05 was because if you put a standard wing on the cover it caused lift, not downforce. And if you look closely at the differences in the wings, they are very different.

Silverback said:

Rumor had it that the reason the factory covers/wings were delayed in 05 was because if you put a standard wing on the cover it caused lift, not downforce. And if you look closely at the differences in the wings, they are very different.

I have proof that it does NOT cause lift....it bent my aftermarket tonneau cover down on my trip from Jax to P-cola.:eek: :D :D :D

Silverback said:

Yup!!!!!

Truck looks awesome dude!! Good luck:rock:

patrick

Silverback said:

I noticed the differences as well, but I have not experienced any noticeable lift with the Gen1 wing mounted on top of my tonneau (sub-100mph).
It may be different at higher speeds.

Kevan said:
I noticed the differences as well, but I have not experienced any noticeable lift with the Gen1 wing mounted on top of my tonneau (sub-100mph).
It may be different at higher speeds.

Its not....TRUST ME!:D

Silverback said:
........ And if you look closely at the differences in the wings, they are very different.

Yes, I have noticed that the "04-05" and the "06" wing are different.... VERY different. The '06 (which I have on my '05 QC w/ Cover :dontknow: ) has a considerable amount MORE wing. I'm guessing it's because of the findings that you have stated. :confused:

I have had my truck up to about 145mph and it seemed to be MORE stable at high speeds than, say, 70mph. :dontknow:

Black1 said:
Yes, I have noticed that the "04-05" and the "06" wing are different.... VERY different. The '06 (which I have on my '05 QC w/ Cover :dontknow: ) has a considerable amount MORE wing. I'm guessing it's because of the findings that you have stated. :confused:

I have had my truck up to about 145mph and it seemed to be MORE stable at high speeds than, say, 70mph. :dontknow:

I could be wrong on this, but I believe it was Rick Mears that stated that the Indy Car (back before the IRL) was easier to drive at 220 to 230 than it was at 170 to 180 because the amount of downforce was so much greater at the higher speeds. It stuck better and was not as twitchy.

Unique is a nice and gentile way of saying it looks "weird, gaudy, goesh, tacky, wacky, UGLY?" thats OK, I like the fact that we all can have our own style and some will appreciate it and some won't, but you know what is the best thing about the "look"? It's just decals, I can peel them off and do it again. Thanks for all the input guys and I'll keep you up todate, I was hoping for a VTCOA logo for the truck, but I guess we still don't have a finalist, right?

Ohhhh yes we do..contact Texas Yellow Fever in the SLH Motorsports section in the forum below!!! http://vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11608
BIG NANA said:
Unique is a nice and gentile way of saying it looks "weird, gaudy, goesh, tacky, wacky, UGLY?" thats OK, I like the fact that we all can have our own style and some will appreciate it and some won't, but you know what is the best thing about the "look"? It's just decals, I can peel them off and do it again. Thanks for all the input guys and I'll keep you up todate, I was hoping for a VTCOA logo for the truck, but I guess we still don't have a finalist, right?

Cool, I went ahead and made some from the earlier pics that were posted from before. They did noyt look to bad and they must have worked we set several new records.

BIG NANA said:
Here are some pictures of the truck with the race numbers for Maxton Trip

absolutely a tuff lookin' truck! :D

Just over 143mph set a new Production Pickup truck record at the Maxton Monster Mile. See new thread in Racing section.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back