Dri-Wash

CrazyUSMarine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about it? Had a buddy give me a bottle of it and said that he had it laying around. Anyone know if its any good?

People were swearing by it a few years ago.

Personally, no way! NEVER, NEVER mist something on dry paint, and then wipe it with a dry cloth! That's the best way to get swirl marks.

When your truck is dry there is always dust and debris on it, unless you spray it off with a hose, and use a wet towel to wipe it, you are pushing the dust around on the paint. When it is wet, a layer of water actually helps to trap the dust and prevents most of it from touching the paint. Even with when you spray it first, and wipe with a wet (soapy) towel you can, and will, get swirl marks.

The makers of that stuff say that this won't happen, but I don't believe it!

JMO

ntw0rk said:

Personally, no way! NEVER, NEVER mist something on dry paint, and then wipe it with a dry cloth! That's the best way to get swirl marks.

When your truck is dry there is always dust and debris on it, unless you spray it off with a hose, and use a wet towel to wipe it, you are pushing the dust around on the paint. When it is wet, a layer of water actually helps to trap the dust and prevents most of it from touching the paint. Even with when you spray it first, and wipe with a wet (soapy) towel you can, and will, get swirl marks.

JMO

Yep,,, I'll second that. I have a side detailing business and I can personally say that none of those products work without micromarring paint.

ntw0rk said:

JMO

Well, I just got done doing my truck. I was looking on the bottle and it says not to wash before putting the Dri-Wash stuff on, but I went ahead and washed it good before that. But it looks great! IMO, i think it did a damn good job. Nice shine, no swirls or anything. I will post up a pic later of it.

lightningKILLER said:
LETS SEE DA SHINE!

Ok then, here it is. Its a crappy day outside, but it doesn't look to bad in the picture. In person it looks great. Cant complain at all! :rock:

DSC00923.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back