Drilled and Slotted Rotors

[Digging up old thread]

Well anyone?

Or Anyone have experience with Quick Stop Pro?

i also have been checking on rotors and i have been told by a lot of people not to use drilled rotors on the front of our trucks.....front end is to heavy and may crack the rotors....:dontknow:

I am thinking they are oem rotors drilled and slotted by a CNC machine. Only true rotors are italian and cost $1000 for the front set.

We have some available from our vendors...and you know they will fit.
Get enough interest...and maybe a group buy? :dontknow: Seems to have been enough interest in the past...
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/search.php?searchid=743353
Just thinkin out loud.;)

http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=98

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13478

I also shot through a few other vendors to see who has them... JMB, Venom Motorsports, Mopar Connection..... rotor's were not not listed....
I know these guy's above have had them.

Last edited:
I have been talking to Boomer. Waiting for pricing and availability.

DSCF0001.JPG

I just recieved from Zechausen a full set of Rotors and pads. I will put them on this weekend, and let you know what I think. Of course I had o enclose a pic, it is of one of the rear rotors. They are NOT dimpeled or drilled as they said they WILL crack.
Jeff

got mine in this weekend and installed:rock: been three days kinda dirty but feel better than stock. here are some pics:burnout: thanks to boomer you the man

Attachments

• DSC00511.JPG
    DSC00511.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,125
  • DSC00510.JPG
    DSC00510.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 515
silverqc said:
got mine in this weekend and installed:rock: been three days kinda dirty but feel better than stock. here are some pics:burnout: thanks to boomer you the man

OK wait...which ones (rotors)? And why are your wheels so dirty after only three days. I thought you installed new pads? Which pads? I thought all replacement pads, beside Mopars, would make less brake dust.

ebc rotors ebc green pads ,got from boomer i have no clue on the dust maybe break in:dontknow: will wash this evening to see how long it will take to get dirty again

RedRamRules said:
I am thinking they are oem rotors drilled and slotted by a CNC machine. Only true rotors are italian and cost $1000 for the front set.

Got an answer from the remanufacturer...

"As like most other brand we do not cast the rotors. We design and do the remanufacturing of our performance rotors. Our rotors are safe and reliable. Our rotors have smaller holes and is carefully programmed in between vents. The structural integrity of the rotors are oem. We have had no incendent with our rotors cracking. larger holes will tend to crack, but our rotors do not because of the smaller holes and chamfers. Thank you for interest and we welcome your questions and concerns."

All this information makes me question why I don't just have my rotors slotted, paint the hat, and call it good.

I just painted my stockers with silver rotor/caliper paint with ceramic.They look MUCH better and cleaner !!

HOT RAM said:
I just painted my stockers with silver rotor/caliper paint with ceramic.They look MUCH better and cleaner !!

That is nice but...

:needpics:

Silver's should not crack cause they don't have all that many holes in em compared to the "Look" we would like but would no doubt crack on these big heavy beast.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back