Driving in the Winter...

KRAZYSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am starting to think that it will not be financially feasible for me to drive a used truck with over a 100,000 miles while letting the -10 sit in the garage. Who drives their truck in the snow and what are your concerns? I can see it losing control easily, but have you done it? I really need to know because financially I don't see me paying money out of my savings to do this. Especially with my wife not working and recently just moving to Illinois from Hawaii...

...I would much rather put her in the garage, but, it's looking like it's just not possible this year. :(

Thanks for your help guys!:)

Drive it like any normal truck, very carefully. The biggest problem I see is gonna be deep snow, gonna wipe the spoiler off of it.

Get some 20" wheels with good all-season tires, throw 300lbs of sand bags in the back.... and roll out! :rock: Piece of cake, man. I drove my Lightning in the winter. It ain't a big deal. :)

Get some 20" wheels with good all-season tires, throw 300lbs of sand bags in the back.... and roll out! :rock: Piece of cake, man. I drove my Lightning in the winter. It ain't a big deal. :)

Mostly gotta watch out for the other guys.

Mostly gotta watch out for the other guys.

Meh... :D Just be careful, like you would driving any other vehicle. The trucks have ABS, so that's not a big deal. GOOD TIRES are the best investment you can make to get you through the winter. ;) Go on Tire Rack and get you a cheap set of 20's for a Ram 1500 and some Bridgestone Blizzaks.....

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...76R0DMV1&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Maybe these wheels??? :dontknow:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...alse&filterBrand=All&filterNew=All&sort=Price

Meh... :D Just be careful, like you would driving any other vehicle. The trucks have ABS, so that's not a big deal. GOOD TIRES are the best investment you can make to get you through the winter. ;) Go on Tire Rack and get you a cheap set of 20's for a Ram 1500 and some Bridgestone Blizzaks.....

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...76R0DMV1&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Maybe these wheels??? :dontknow:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...alse&filterBrand=All&filterNew=All&sort=Price

That's why I love my "5 CENT PIECE"!!!!:rock::rock::rock:

See you soon Jake!;)

if you get any decent amount of snow you are better off parking it. i have tried driving it maybe once or twice in snow and you can forget it. you will kill yourself and possibly someone else. thats my 2 cents. these things suck on wet road let alone snow and ice.

if you get any decent amount of snow you are better off parking it. i have tried driving it maybe once or twice in snow and you can forget it. you will kill yourself and possibly someone else. thats my 2 cents. these things suck on wet road let alone snow and ice.

It's the tires.... :eek:

And simply keep yer fkn foot out of it on ice.......

You may need start off in 2nd from time to time....

Icey is dicey........

Be careful, Kris.........

D

Thanks D. BTW, I got the QC...so I don't have to worry about the shifting part.:eek:

If I had a stick...I could too buster! ;)

You are skaring me ;)

I can make you a deal on the silver wing, if you are interested PM me and I'll have the Yettie take it from here....

You are skaring me ;)

I can make you a deal on the silver wing, if you are interested PM me and I'll have the Yettie take it from here....

I need a red one...if you dont have one, dat's cool. I'll just get the one I have repainted.

it isnt tires trust me on that one its these trucks and the tq it snaps tires loose easy enough on its own. limiting the traction more with snow and ice only makes things worse. i have drove many vehicles on snow and ice over the course of my life and by far these vehicles are among the worst.

Best advice don’t drive it. . . I dont even drive my work truck in the snow. Not worth crashing.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back