Dropped truck off today :(

mmmmtorque

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being a new father and having the little lady taking classes on the weekends, its been pretty hard to work in projects for the truck. Sooo, when the tranny took a shitter, I opted to have my local garage do the dirty work.

Dropped the truck off today to have the tranny rebuilt by Six Speeds, Inc. (Formally T-56 Rebuilders) in Texas. While its in the shop, having them install the NX wet kit and line lock. Kinda bummed since I looked forward to installing these myself. Anyway, still have several more less critical projects to do in the future.

Will be without the truck for at least 2 weeks..... Fortunately a good friend of mine is going out of town on vacation for those two weeks and wanted to me to "take care of" his BMW 1200GT :D It should satisfy my speed fix until the truck gets back....of course will be driving easy until the tranny is broke in:rolleyes:

Get ready for a long 2 weeks man. I have been so bummed out and just draggin around the house since my truck has been down.

I know I should be pumped about the upcoming results, but I am practically depressed. :eek: Hope you handle it better than I have. :p

mmmmtorque said:
Will be without the truck for at least 2 weeks..... Fortunately a good friend of mine is going out of town on vacation for those two weeks and wanted to me to "take care of" his BMW 1200GT :D It should satisfy my speed fix until the truck gets back
Funny how these things work out. If the BMW doesn't do it for you, I have a '94 Chrysler LHS I'll loan ya. Seriously. The battery keeps going dead because I don't drive it. Good luck with the rebuild.

mmmmtorque said:
Being a new father and having the little lady taking classes on the weekends, its been pretty hard to work in projects for the truck. Sooo, when the tranny took a shitter, I opted to have my local garage do the dirty work.

Dropped the truck off today to have the tranny rebuilt by Six Speeds, Inc. (Formally T-56 Rebuilders) in Texas. While its in the shop, having them install the NX wet kit and line lock. Kinda bummed since I looked forward to installing these myself. Anyway, still have several more less critical projects to do in the future.

Will be without the truck for at least 2 weeks..... Fortunately a good friend of mine is going out of town on vacation for those two weeks and wanted to me to "take care of" his BMW 1200GT :D It should satisfy my speed fix until the truck gets back....of course will be driving easy until the tranny is broke in:rolleyes:

LOLOL least its two weeks and not two years:D

SilvrSRT10 said:
Funny how these things work out. If the BMW doesn't do it for you, I have a '94 Chrysler LHS I'll loan ya. Seriously. The battery keeps going dead because I don't drive it. Good luck with the rebuild.

Damn, brings back memories from when I was a field engineer. Used to rent LHS's and drive the crap out of them :D

He also dropped off his Avalanche, so I have plenty of vehicles to choose from including my S/C'd Expedition :rock:

Appreciate the offer Dave....reallly do ;)

mmmmtorque said:
Uh, no shit!!!! :D

Glad you got it dialed in now. Dont wish that ugly stretch on anyone :(

LOLO its over for now:D

might have to get with ya after ya get your tranny back, I know I will need it done:D
oh and DTS is supposed to get me (finally) the price on the axles bro, I think Gary wants one now:D

Stinker said:
LOLO its over for now:D

might have to get with ya after ya get your tranny back, I know I will need it done:D
oh and DTS is supposed to get me (finally) the price on the axles bro, I think Gary wants one now:D

Yea, we need another NC GTG at the track this summer. Now that I got the slicks, and hitting it with the NoS. I am sure the rear is the next to go :dontknow: ......

Forgot how much fun slicks are :rock: .....Cant wait to launch with NoS at 4000RPMS :D

BTW, what are you running for a drive shaft loop ?

mmmmtorque said:
Yea, we need another NC GTG at the track this summer. Now that I got the slicks, and hitting it with the NoS. I am sure the rear is the next to go :dontknow: ......

Forgot how much fun slicks are :rock: .....Cant wait to launch with NoS at 4000RPMS :D

BTW, what are you running for a drive shaft loop ?

we'll work on that:D
but made my own, more or less custom, jsut fabbed one up quick, bought some flat stock at lowes, bent it round some tubing and ran it from one frame rail to the other(red style:D )
but Patrick said he got the cheap one from jeggs and made it work, might pm him and ask which he got

mauiSRT/10 said:
Hold on, I think I missed an episode here? When did your tranny take a dump and how come? I thought these t 56's were bullet proof in the Rc's?

patrick

The gear set is pretty stout but the synchro's arent nothing to brag about. This trans has had an issue from day one and slowly got worse. The synchros went out and makes it really wonderful to shift :D Had as many miles on the last truck and never had any problems and was just as hard on that one as this one.

mmmmtorque said:

I live 2 miles from them, there about to do a complete over haul and build for mine... amber's service is a+++

Driving the Beemer will make you appreciate your rig even more when you get it back..

Enjoy..

TREKER said:
Driving the Beemer will make you appreciate your rig even more when you get it back..

Enjoy..
You mean Riding . The 1200GT is a motorcycle. A very nice motorcycle.

1200GT.jpg

mmmmtorque: If Six Speeds, Inc. wants the wiring diagram for the line lock (where the brake lights work when the lock is on), have them contact me and I'll fax it on down.

Good luck with the projects!

Kevan said:
mmmmtorque: If Six Speeds, Inc. wants the wiring diagram for the line lock (where the brake lights work when the lock is on), have them contact me and I'll fax it on down.

Good luck with the projects!

Local shop is doing the line lock....Six Speeds, Inc. is just doing the trans rebuild. Can you PM the info ? I may set it up later on. ;)

Thanks!!

mmmmtorque said:
Local shop is doing the line lock....Six Speeds, Inc. is just doing the trans rebuild. Can you PM the info ? I may set it up later on. ;)

Thanks!!
I'll finish the DIY thread this week and get pics and diagrams up.
Does that work for ya?

Back