Drove a Saleen truck

WILDMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought a 2007 Ford Saleen Quad cab truck. He wanted me to come take a look and drive it. It looked good but still not as nice as the SRT-10's. I did several hard launches and basically ran the chit out of it. My SRT would no dought leave it sitting. Maybe it just needs a few mods to wake it up. Has anyone else had any driven or raced one.

Wade

Not a Saleen but a Roush F150...in my Dodge Magnum R/T (lightly modded)...@ highway plus speeds...I was toying with him for miles and he was furious that he couldn't get around me. Fuggin' joke...

there a joke ,,,,,if your buddy wanted speed he bought the wrong truck

I saw a Saleen wannabe today with fast looking hood pins... :dontknow: if that counts..

I never raced the saleen but I did race a Roush truck..Those things are not fast at all...its all stickers:D :D :D :D

Wildman

Stinker said:
Now with a name like WILDMAN

why drive a ford:D

Well he is a friend and he asked me to. I drove it and told him how nice it was. I didn't want to really tell him what I thought. ( It was sort of pretty) But it sure was no SRT-10. I wouldn't own one.

Wade

Prof said:
What's wrong with a 14 second truck?

Well Roy, it is like driving a Volvo Wagon:p or my VW :D I love my VW:rock: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

And I love driving my Volvo Sport Wagon...but the roads here in Illinois are terrible and with my very low profile Goodyear F1's it is becoming painful...it is slammed and the M&H springs and Bilstein shocks are so stiff (nice word) that the pot holes are greatly magnified.

It may have to go...in the near future.

Prof said:
And I love driving my Volvo Sport Wagon...but the roads here in Illinois are terrible and with my very low profile Goodyear F1's it is becoming painful...it is slammed and the M&H springs and Bilstein shocks are so stiff (nice word) that the pot holes are greatly magnified.

It may have to go...in the near future.

Well then, just ship it to me and I will finish it off for you :D :D ;) :marchmellow: :p
And I can save my VW for the nice drives.

Last edited:
Ive raced one. Little bit of tire spin on the launch. I put a little distance on him in first, not very much, it was pretty close. Second gear it was over. I walked him really bad. Friend of mine that has a Chevy Siverado SS was with me. He wanted to go home and get his truck to come race the Saleen and make him look bad. Both of us were expecting a better race.

TNVIPER said:
The late model Lightnings were fast...but they had trouble breaking 14 seconds...
?????:dontknow: ?????

You mean the '99 through '04 Gen2 Supercharged Lightning Truck had problems getting into the 13's?

My '99 L never went slower than 13.7 @ 99.8. That was stock w/ 700 miles on the odometer.

And with just a silly rigged up K&N (that was sitting in my attic from another car) it went 13.3 @ 102.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back