Dry Nitrous

A dry setup requires the use of a mass air flow sensor to adjust fuel. We use air temperature sensors which require the use of a wet nitrous kit.

He haveth no clue as to what he speaketh lol
Yes you can run a dry setup all day long and no need for a sensor we don't have. Some shouldn't learn from the webs lol

?????????

We don't have a mass air flow sensor, a mass air flow sensor is used to adjust fuel on a dry nitrous set up. I am not suggesting he adds a MAF, I am suggesting he uses a wet kit since our engines use intake air temperature sensors.

He haveth no clue as to what he speaketh lol
Yes you can run a dry setup all day long and no need for a sensor we don't have. Some shouldn't learn from the webs lol

"build the biggest building by building the biggest building, not by trying to tear everyone else's buildings down" -me to you

The reason you will never see success in your business

We don't have a mass air flow sensor, a mass air flow sensor is used to adjust fuel on a dry nitrous set up. I am not suggesting he adds a MAF, I am suggesting he uses a wet kit since our engines use intake air temperature sensors.

Gotcha. I read it as you were comparing the MAF functionality to air temp sensor as the means of controlling fuel when I would compare the MAF to our MAP sensor for that. Now I understand you are talking about the MAF ability to read intake temperature drop from nitrous and adjust fuel based on that and ours would be the using the temp sensor. Still not sure why it would not work but I don't know our PCM functionality that well. I would assume that air temp can only adjust the fuel map so much and wouldn't have enough influence adjusting fuel with the N2O.

For a multiport dry nitrous system of 150 hp, as long as the injectors can handle the extra fuel chores, a simple tune with an air/fuel gauge will suffice.Why would a dry system need a MAF? Nitrous creates it's own O2..... once the nitrous is expanding in the intake track it steals all the heat from the intake air.no temperature reading is required or easily obtained......curious.....

For a multiport dry nitrous system of 150 hp, as long as the injectors can handle the extra fuel chores, a simple tune with an air/fuel gauge will suffice.Why would a dry system need a MAF? Nitrous creates it's own O2..... once the nitrous is expanding in the intake track it steals all the heat from the intake air.no temperature reading is required or easily obtained......curious.....

The MAF detects the additional air flow and sends the signal to the PCM to send more fuel to the injectors. I ran dry kits on all the LS cars I owned and toyed with when younger due to the ease of installation. No messing with a fuel source.

"build the biggest building by building the biggest building, not by trying to tear everyone else's buildings down" -me to you

The reason you will never see success in your business

Actually I'm very successful Andy. But just like Tony you spew non factual things that confuse/misinform the piss out of every reader here. Dry nitrous is injected after iAT as it will skew the pcm readings and add timing if placed before on our engines. You simply have a tune to max injectors at WOT pull a couple degrees timing and monitor a/f and datalog it and timing through a pull. Use pills to adjust nitrous to get a safe A/f and done. Very similar to a wet shot I stall tuning:beer:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back