dual electric cut-outs?

Night Runner 067

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I dont see any threads about cut outs. Would this be beacause no-one has done it, or it makes it slower. I like the stock, quite, exhaust when I have my kid or wife, but otherwise would like it to sound as fast as it is. I had a single cut out on my 06 hemi and loved it, would this work okay in place of the second set of cats. I thought I could have the second set removed and the cutout flowtech put in place and then I would be able to open them when I want. Not really going for performance with this mod, just sound and I dont want to spend alot of money on aftermarket exhaust and then hate to drive the truck for more than a couple miles.

Any info would be great.

So I dont see any threads about cut outs. Would this be beacause no-one has done it, or it makes it slower. I like the stock, quite, exhaust when I have my kid or wife, but otherwise would like it to sound as fast as it is. I had a single cut out on my 06 hemi and loved it, would this work okay in place of the second set of cats. I thought I could have the second set removed and the cutout flowtech put in place and then I would be able to open them when I want. Not really going for performance with this mod, just sound and I dont want to spend alot of money on aftermarket exhaust and then hate to drive the truck for more than a couple miles.

Any info would be great.

My brother has them on his 10. I love the sound that truck makes when they are open.

i have dual cut outs on mine. I'm looking to take them out, the sound is kind of weird when you take off quick, almost like a diesel (from in the cab anyway) i don't know what it sounds like out of the cab. I love the sound when just idleing and just creeping it sounds loud and shakes the ground. the main reason i'm looking to take them out is the one doesn't close right all the time and leaks and makes a tapping noise too which doesn't sound good at all

Thanks guys that seals the deal. I plan to have headers and hi flow cats at some point, just wanted to get some sound now without changing everything.

Cutouts

Hi its kinda funny that you asked this question now. I just bought a set of long tube headers (Billy Boat) and electric cut outs. I cant wait till next weekend to get them installed. I will put up some video of them when done. I would imagine its more just a sound thing than performance, the cutouts anyways. I know the headers will give a good power boost cant wait to feel the difference. Together with my new line lock kit it will make for one really kick ass burnout.:rock::rock::rock:

I have dual 3 inch electric on mine. Truck sounds super loud when open.

cut outt

is there any power change with the cut out dude

I've heard the sound of a Jeep SRT8 with electric cutouts both passing by as well as riding shotgun and IMO our SRT10 would be A++ on all levels

Well I had themon my 06 hemi RC and loved it. It was a 3" single but loved it, and could close it to hit the hwy and still be able to talk to my wife. I use this truck every now and then and really like the peaceful stock exhaust on the hwy.

I am going to order some cut outs as soon as I get back home.

Thanks for the vids, really seals the deal for me.

Cut-out's on a 10 is nice, but only at idle!
While driving is fun for a while, but you are going to get crazy.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Here is a vid from our truck with the cut-out's open.
Hope the link works.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back