dumb mistake

VIPER

JTS VENOM SERIES SRT-10
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so all of you know that i have been workin on my truck for the last 3 to 4 weeks, one of the upgrades that i done was Stinkers Oil and Power Steering lines,... well when i installed them i must have missed one of the fitting's when i tight'in them up,... well to make a long story short

finally got it all done and put together and back on the ground took it up to my buddy shop to get the exhaust redone,...

my wife went up to pick it up after it was done - she got about 1 mile from the shop and lost power steering,.. well she drove it home about 10 miles parked it in the gar, and called me at work....

when i got home i looked at it and there PS fluid everywhere,.. so i am assuming that there is a line that was not tightin up and blow off and caused the leek :( Owell it happends,... now i just need to clean it up and fix the lines " make the tigther this time "

i just hope that the pump was not damaged - i called dodge and they told me it was 400.00 $ + 2.5 hr labor and time to press on the pulley's so over a 600.00 bill to replace the PS pump :(

so what should i use to clean up the engine bay and the motor - i mean it's every where :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

just a dumb mistake on my part - shit happends i guess

just use a mild degreaser and lots of scrubbing make sure its automotive safe some chemicals will destroy your hoses and belts nothing industrial

yea - ur right,.. always gotta look on the brite side of things,...

so are there any DO's and DONT's on the cleaning of the engine bay ??

Damn bro that sucks, Could of been worse tho. I don't think it would of caused any real damage to the power steering pump, I had a ranger before and she was bone dry and filled up and was all good.

Hatedonmostly said:
Damn bro that sucks, Could of been worse tho. I don't think it would of caused any real damage to the power steering pump, I had a ranger before and she was bone dry and filled up and was all good.

man i sure hope so - i just sent the wife out to get some smipleGreen so i can start the cleaning...

VIPER said:
man i sure hope so - i just sent the wife out to get some smipleGreen so i can start the cleaning...

Do ya have the simple green max there? I picked up some of that before, Works good.

We have all done something similar,Take it in stride and call it experience:eek:

When my power steering pump went bad it blew out all of the fluid like that. It also runs the fan. You may have a bad pump. Just a thought.

Stinker said:
if its bad bro, you call me;)

i think it was "user ERROR" buddy - i dont thing it was the lines - but none the less i will call ya - even if it is to shoot the shit ;)

Da1Chief said:
You know one more mistake like this and we start calling Truck Abuse... :)

lmao - yea i know,... im not lookin foward to the clean up tho,.. my bigg hands dont fit in tiny spaces very well

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

Shit happens bro alls you can do is fix it and move on :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

lol damm u pointing and laffin at me DAMMMM

hahahaha - yea u right shit happends :)

............. Your in the medical field...... right?

sue yourself for mal-practice and go mod crazy.....;)

ViperJeff said:
............. Your in the medical field...... right?

sue yourself for mal-practice and go mod crazy.....;)

lol i wish then i'd be rich.... nah im in the engineering bizz ' civil engineering '

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back