Dumb question. What R the lower fairings called?

rtmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
North side Columbia River @ Portland, Oregon
What R the lower fairings called? I've searched for side panels, fairings, moldings. I've used the " " around the words to try & get more specific & still no luck. What's the official name of those plastic thingies that surround the bottom of our rides please?

I'm trying to find a thread that explains how to take them off. We have lots of trees in the 'hood & that stinkin' pollen gets everywhere. Every Mother's Day I detail out the wife's rig so I plan on starting on the 10 this week.

I also plan on pulling all the wheels off to clean the insides of the wheels & repaint the calipers so a thread on that would be peachy as well.

Thanks I A

Body cladding? If this is it, each piece is attached using different methods including a combination of clips, screws and/or adhesive tape. Also, if the cladding isn't it, post a pic of what you're trying to remove.

Painting the calipers is fairly simple. If your going to paint them while the calipers are installed on the vehicle, you'll need to mask off other parts, e.g. rotor, pads, bleed screw, line attachment fitting. Also, thorough cleaning and prep pays big dividends for the final finish. I've used G2 caliper paint kits. They include brake cleaner, caliper paint, and an applicator brush. The brush that comes in the kit is pretty cheap and I've used narrow and/or flat artist brushes to apply the paint is hard to reach areas.

Body cladding? If this is it, each piece is attached using different methods including a combination of clips, screws and/or adhesive tape. Also, if the cladding isn't it, post a pic of what you're trying to remove.

Painting the calipers is fairly simple. If your going to paint them while the calipers are installed on the vehicle, you'll need to mask off other parts, e.g. rotor, pads, bleed screw, line attachment fitting. Also, thorough cleaning and prep pays big dividends for the final finish. I've used G2 caliper paint kits. They include brake cleaner, caliper paint, and an applicator brush. The brush that comes in the kit is pretty cheap and I've used narrow and/or flat artist brushes to apply the paint is hard to reach areas.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back