Dumn Burnout Question

5_0_BAIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok been on here awhile and have finally got the balls to ask. I want to know how in the hell do you do a burnout in the qc trucks. Mine is stock right now(talkin to Stinker about a couple mods). I can do a modest one but would love to make a smoke show!!! I know for you veterans out there this is easy but I have never had power like this truck before and have never raced. Yea go ahead and say it. I am a "kid 27" LOL:D

power brake it to get it started then lay into it. or put a line lock on and have fun.

If you install a "line lock" this is the BEST way because you will not have to "hold" the brake while doing your burnout. Otherwise you will have to press the brake peddle just enough to "hold" the truck and burn em down! This IS hard on your rear brakes (they will get very hot) and not too good for the tranny either! I think a line lock kit is sold by one of the vendors here on the site. Have fun! :burnout:

View attachment Burnout.bmp

Thanks boy what a fast response. I have tried the locking the brakes up and it will squeal for a second, but then i just rocket down the road. Which is great but not what I was after. The line lock kit sounds like my answer. What is it?

5_0_BAIT said:
Thanks boy what a fast response. I have tried the locking the brakes up and it will squeal for a second, but then i just rocket down the road. Which is great but not what I was after. The line lock kit sounds like my answer. What is it?

You have to hold the brakes down as you are doing the burnout, Only let the brakes go when you are ready to end the burnout. Or you can tap the brakes again to slow you down and extend it. Dont just hold the brake until the wheels start to spin, hold it down and the smoke will continue endlessly... Or until you blow the tire. ;)

5_0_BAIT said:

It's a button you push that only applies the front brakes.

Ohhhhhhhh. See never knew that little fact. The Line Lock kit is it hard to install? I am a certified car electronics installer but obviously know little about the mechanical side. I don't want to do this all the time due to the decrease in tire rubber aka buying 22" scorpion low pros I do like to show off from time to time:burnout: :burnout:

Last edited:
just go to the form search he is there jmb performance there is a link to his web site.

While applying brake, push accellerator till wheels start to spin and just lightly keep pumping the gas. You can go a burnout all day like this. DONT FLOOR IT, gently pump the gas

Oh, there is a how to in the DIY section but you need to be a supporting member to get in there.

Supporting membership of the VTCoA is on $24 for a year. They give us a lot, we should give back :D

whats a burnout? never heard of such a thing:dontknow: :D

Now do you really want to smoke them!!!

get some WD-40 and spray the back tires down(tread obvisouly).
Hop in the truck, roll foward a 1/4 turn of the tires, hold the brakes down about half way and put the gas down about 3/4...(side note...do you want to do just 1st gear or spin them all the way through)...I usually would go into tow/haul...and floor it all the way and you will spin through 1st, 2nd, and into 3rd...let go of the brake sloooowly and ride it out...you should be able to put down atleast 100ft of rubber.

I apply the brakes lightly,then drop the truck into 1st gear and play with the throttle,bring up the rpm to around 5200-5500 and shift into 2nd and let the pavement squeel(CAUTION though,visability is usually really bad by this point!!)!!!!slowly letting off the brakes to creep ahead,have FUN!! I always do!!! LOL!!

Annu Kumar said:
You need to get rid of that Weak ass stock computer and get a Stgae 2

Stage II??? SCT Tuner is 10 to 1 of a stage II,does everything a stage II does and more and 10 times more convienent:rock: and hold 3 tunes instead of 1.
Haven't you gotten a SCT Tuner yet Annu?:D

I will be getting an sct very soon after i get the cai and thermostat. This has been a wonderful help and (amtrucker) I have been a supporting member for awhile now because I too believe in helping out in the cause. Thanks for the link for Justin and all of the wonderful ideas to do a bad ass burnout. I am sure I will be buying tires alot more frequently now :D :bawling: :bawling: :driver: :burnout: :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back