Durabak DIY Bedliner

RAMviperIFFIC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After seeing the pictures of "Tubbed my Bed" thread, I knew I wanted to put some bedliner in my 10. Having good success with "Durabak 18" in my Jeep for over 10 years of top off 4-wheeling abuse, I was confident of their product quality and thought I would try their product again. Durabak 18 comes as a UV protected mixture. I got their "bright red". 1 gallon was enough to put a good 2 coats on. Saturday was spent disassembling, sanding and a thourough wash. Sunday was a Xylene rub-down and application and reassembly. My investment is about $180 in supplies.:rock:

Attachments

• start rear.jpg
    start rear.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 799
  • start side.jpg
    start side.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 651
  • sanding rear.jpg
    sanding rear.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 701
  • finished side.jpg
    finished side.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 726
  • finished rear.jpg
    finished rear.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 2,828
Looks Great!!!

That stuff goes on with a roller??

How thick is the covering?? How tuff is it?

Good Stuff!

ntw0rk said:
Looks Great!!!

That stuff goes on with a roller??

How thick is the covering?? How tuff is it?

The kit comes with (2) special rollers. You supply a soft bristle brush to dab into corners and hard to get at areas(under the lip). 2 Coats is probably about 1/16-1/8 inch thick. You can, however, put on as many coats as you like as their is no limit to the maximum thickness. I put two coats in my Jeep, wheeled through the mud, rocks, sand, sun, snow. Threw spare parts (axle shafts, drive shafts) into the interior and it never blemished or faded. The inside of the jeep was done in black.

The great thing is that 1 gallon of this stuff only weighs 8 lbs!

Cheers!

I'll take Bedrug,,, for the win please. ;)

Cost: Around $300
Weight: Around 20 pounds
Install Time: Around 20 minutes

IMG_0184-vi.jpg

Nope!

ohiosrt10 said:
Looks great!

You're not really thinking about putting cargo in there are you??!! ;)
I pulled out my plastic liner and couldn't stand all of the scratches and scuffs everywhere. I guess my 10 is a "poser" for a pick-up, as it only...............................

HAULZ AZZ!:rock:

I can believe it...

LoveThisTruck said:
That looks good man, and only 8 lbs?!?! I heard rhino liner adds like 300 lbs.
Sprayed-in bedliners, as advertised to protect from denting when dropping large chunks of concrete, must be sprayed on pretty thick to give some added structural integrity. I don't know about 300 lbs, but I'm sure when it is thick it weighs a significant amount more than mine.

I likey!:D

Your bedrug does look nice

portlandsrt said:
I'll take Bedrug,,, for the win please. ;)

Cost: Around $300
Weight: Around 20 pounds
Install Time: Around 20 minutes
Priceless: INSERT HERE

IMG_0184-vi.jpg
But you know what, your reply reads like a VISA commercial.

hahahahbwahahahhabwahahahahah:D

Seriously though, the grey rug looks good, but like any rug, they just don't ever fit just right. (Yeah, think Toupe') Besides, I have no Tounneau and my friends spend lots of time keeping their bed pine needle free. :nurse:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back