Dyno Results

RedRamRules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK went to my friends dyno to get the grim news:

Max HP: 435.8 HP
Max TQ: 479.9 lb*ft (corrected for Gear Ratio of 4.56)

I will post the copies of the print-outs as soon as I can. Anyone know an easier way of just attaching a pdf of the copies? Thanks. All results are with the mods in my sig.

RedRamRules said:
OK went to my friends dyno to get the grim news:

Max HP: 435.8 HP
Max TQ: 479.9 lb*ft (corrected for Gear Ratio of 4.56)

I will post the copies of the print-outs as soon as I can. Anyone know an easier way of just attaching a pdf of the copies? Thanks. All results are with the mods in my sig.

Why is that grim...the hp is spot on.......:confused:

Those are good numbers for those mods!

On my dyno it doesn't "correct" for the rear drive ratio. That's part of the neccesary calculation. The gearing multiplies torque. For the dyno to do it's job properly you must enter the rear end ratio into the computer and do the pull with the trans in 1:1. With our trans that's 4th. If the pull is done in a different gear I have to recalculate the relative rear drive ratio to be accurate. My dyno has a computer function that does that by matching the tach on the dyno with the tach on the vehicle. As long as the tach on the vehicle is even remotely accurate it's easy to find the rear drive - especially if they are a known quantity like 4:10, 4:56, 4:88. etc.

Stock: 443.44 HP 468.27 Torque

After cat delete and addition of MOPAR Long Tube headers with oem muffler in place:

474.94 HP 500.02 Torque

Prof said:
Stock: 443.44 HP 468.27 Torque

After cat delete and addition of MOPAR Long Tube headers with oem muffler in place:

474.94 HP 500.02 Torque

Seems about right.....RC's are about 20 rwhp ahead of QC's due to drivetrain....

My friend uses a dyna-pak dynanometer. Supposedly more accurate than traditional roller-type dynos. If anyone in SoCal is ineterested in seeing him let me know.

BTW anyone know an easy way to change .pdf files to .jpg format? Thanks.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back