Dyno #s VS track #s

OSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for everyone does the times that i am running make any sense when you look at the dyno#s???:dontknow: :dontknow::dontknow:
dyno392.jpg

505'sFastestViper. said:
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: bbut he ran 12s
yeah, according to the 1/4mile cal. it'd take more like 500 at the wheels, maybe the truck isn't quit as heavy as that?
but still according to the cal it's have to weigh 4300lbs with that much hp to run his times

According to his power to weight ratio, it should be high 13s... not high 12s:dontknow:

Nope, the numbers do not add up. But the 1/4 does not lie. You have to remember that the dyno is a tuning tool. The numbers you get out of it are relational reference numbers. You are really trying to see how it is running when you compare this to that, or make a change. You can drive all over town to dynos and get completely different results at each one. So many things effect the result: dyno brand, operator, tire pressure, weather, and the way the truck is tied down all come into play.

As for the calculators, they are based on rules of thumb. They can not and do not factor in everything. For the most part they are a good starting point. But obviously, your truck out performed the dyno numbers :).

The only scale i have used is the one at the track but i wouldn't imagine it being off by that much.

Other factor in this equation is i was on pump gas when i dynoed at the track i am running 1/4 to a 1/2 mix of 93 and 111. I also did some data logging today on pump gas i am getting 9 degrees of short term knock retard starting at 3000rpm and continues to pull to a max of 9 to about 6700rpm. Is the 111 giving me that much of a gain???

Your truck is going to be several 100lbs lighter than a srt RC. That still doesn't make up for the track #'s though:dontknow:

kyle's srt10 said:
Your truck is going to be several 100lbs lighter than a srt RC. That still doesn't make up for the track #'s though:dontknow:
Stock for stock i would say you are correct. I have a few add ons that bring my weight up over a stock quad cab. Two 200 psi compressors, 3gallon steel air tank 1/4 steel plate for brackes, helwig sway bar, drop spindals about 60+ lbs over stock , 4 12" subs custom console made out of mdf, bed cover, bed rug, 3 very large amps, 2 whelen 100 watt sirens etc...:stupid:

How bad my wife would woop you ;)

I'd have to let her drive...............you know keep it even.

Just make sure your insurance is up to date, you know shes got that problem :)LOL

bigike said:
How bad my wife would woop you ;)

I'd have to let her drive...............you know keep it even.

Just make sure your insurance is up to date, you know shes got that problem :)LOL

Let me translate his last post for everyone.

"How bad my wife would woop you" = My wife wont let me drive

"I'd have to let her drive...............you know keep it even" = I don't know how to drive my own truck because she never lets me drive.

"Just make sure your insurance is up to date, you know shes got that problem" = My wife beats my ass when i try to drive my truck and sometimes throws me into things that are close by.

:D:D

The 106mph seems about right for the HP/TQ and weight. Dont use ET to calculate HP since traction is a HUGE variable, use MPH. If your running quicker ET's than you "should", the truck and driver are working very well.
Justin

I just wanted to compare, the higher octane/ more time could easily give you the extra 20-30 hp you missing...

We run the same track, and I shift mine like an automatic, 30 more rwhp(if you add the 20-30) and I run 12.7, thats with 1.9xx or lower 60'

That scale said I weigh 5,150 w/ me in it.

Attachments

• zw2.jpg
    zw2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back