dyno video

He wishes lol was from runnin like a fuel tanker, im sure once its all straightend out if will smoke for a different reasion, oh yeah red is still the fastes color:evil:

Super Vid Paul!

Wonderful sounding truck...once you get that upper level working, I see 1000+ for sure.

I am not mechanic savy but guys at the dyno said it was the crank pressure releasing.:dontknow: after it came back down everything was fine and the truck is running fine now.

The tires did smoke a little though:rock:

I met with Cory Gehlims from Collectors Choice today to talk. He seems to know his stuff and know John Hennessey personally. We talked for about 2 hours and told the stories we both know about John..... He asked me what I want to do and I told him that I want the truck to do what it is suposed to do. He took a look at the setup and said the first thing that has to changed is the computer. The reprogrammed stock just will not work. So first question for the site is computers what works??? Stinker... Nowwhat...
He did like some of the things that were done. One big question was how Hennessey was getting that kind of power with the stock computer and 42# injectors "we think"...

So if anyone has any info please pipe in. I want to see 4 numbers in my HP even if I just see those as a dyno queen.

Prof, What are you doing this weekend? Want to go race at GLD and see how far in the 11's we can get????:rock:

Hilgee said:
I am not mechanic savy but guys at the dyno said it was the crank pressure releasing.:dontknow: after it came back down everything was fine and the truck is running fine now.

The tires did smoke a little though:rock:

I met with Cory Gehlims from Collectors Choice today to talk. He seems to know his stuff and know John Hennessey personally. We talked for about 2 hours and told the stories we both know about John..... He asked me what I want to do and I told him that I want the truck to do what it is suposed to do. He took a look at the setup and said the first thing that has to changed is the computer. The reprogrammed stock just will not work. So first question for the site is computers what works??? Stinker... Nowwhat...
He did like some of the things that were done. One big question was how Hennessey was getting that kind of power with the stock computer and 42# injectors "we think"...

So if anyone has any info please pipe in. I want to see 4 numbers in my HP even if I just see those as a dyno queen.

Prof, What are you doing this weekend? Want to go race at GLD and see how far in the 11's we can get????:rock:

If you can get a build sheet from John H...that would help....?:dontknow: ...be nice to know what you have...

nice run but i dont understand the henessy 1000 thing, were you suposed to get 1000 hp or does it mean something else, not trying to be an ass but it if i payed for what you have i would be upset 780/1000 just my .02 and i could be way off on the 1000 thing. none the less 780 is holy crap fast!!!

devildog02 said:
nice run but i dont understand the henessy 1000 thing, were you suposed to get 1000 hp or does it mean something else, not trying to be an ass but it if i payed for what you have i would be upset 780/1000 just my .02 and i could be way off on the 1000 thing. none the less 780 is holy crap fast!!!

Hennessy is a JOKE........ plain and simple.....

Hillgee... You have a LOT of work to do (as you know), to correct JH's "mistakes". I hope you get it worked out, my friend. :eek: That truck has MOUNDS of potential.

Paul, I really think that you need to drop your pan to see just what JH actually did. It has been mentioned that he claimed to have bearing turbos, but upon inspection you found that to not be the case. It appears he went cheap for some reason. Be sure you have a built engine. You could be sitting in a truck with stock internals (pistons, rods, bearings, rods and rockers...) I would want to know about the heads and cam too. Unless it was a build sheet from a very, very, reliable builder, I would want to check. Then once you are sure what you have, you can then start to tweek the ride.

The engine sounds solid, and no one debates that Hennessey knows how to make power, but did he do so on this build? I think you are on the right track finding a top notch builder to guide you through the process.

If everything checks out, I think you have already identified and corrected the smoke issue and that was the huge problem (restricted oil flow to the turbos, and the wrong turbos).

I hate to see you run the truck without being totally sure everything is the way it should be. If you are going to be at the Grove this weekend, I will be there and will try to bring Stingray too...(always good to have a real wrench on the scene)...let me know.

Roy

Last edited:
Prof said:
Paul, I really think that you need to drop your pan to see just what JH actually did. It has been mentioned that he claimed to have bearing turbos, but upon inspection you found that to not be the case. It appears he went cheap for some reason. Be sure you have a built engine. You could be sitting in a truck with stock internals (pistons, rods, bearings, rods and rockers...) I would want to know about the heads and cam too. Unless it was a build sheet from a very, very, reliable builder, I would want to check. Then once you are sure what you have, you can then start to tweek the ride.

The engine sounds solid, and no one debates that Hennessey knows how to make power, but did he do so on this build? I think you are on the right track finding a top notch builder to guide you through the process.

If everything checks out, I think you have already identified and corrected the smoke issue and that was the huge problem (restricted oil flow to the turbos, and the wrong turbos).

I hate to see you run the truck without being totally sure everything is the way it should be. If you are going to be at the Grove this weekend, I will be there and will try to bring Stingray too...(always good to have a real wrench on the scene)...let me know.

Roy

100% agreed here.....

I would even go so far as to suggest that you ship your truck to UGR or DC just to make sure you have everything you "bargained for" from JH..... These guys BOTH have an IMPECCABLE rep with the Viper Community. It would be worth the price (a few grand) to ship it to them, to work things out, IMO. :)

Hilgee said:
... One big question was how Hennessey was getting that kind of power with the stock computer and 42# injectors "we think"...

Paul, sorry....I just came back from the club and could not get the line above out of my mind while pumping iron!!!!!

Forty-two pounds per hour????????????

I am running 5.6 lbs of boost, one third of what your build should be doing when the second stage boost kicks in....and I run 54's!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really ignorant in this area, as I am in many, but there are red flags flying through my little weak brain..........

Someone help us here!!!

Can someone else chime in? Stinker???? What injectors are you running?

Paul, you do need to talk to Underground Racing...they are on the top of the pile in many ways...and twin turbos is where they have earned their stripes.

Please check...42's???????? Sounds like a perfect setup for very lean at WOT on the second stage of boost.

Prof said:
Paul, sorry....I just came back from the club and could not get the line above out of my mind while pumping iron!!!!!

Forty-two pounds per hour????????????

I am running 5.6 lbs of boost, one third of what your build should be doing when the second stage boost kicks in....and I run 54's!!!!!!!!!!!

I am really ignorant in this area, as I am in many, but there are red flags flying through my little weak brain..........

Someone help us here!!!

Can someone else chime in? Stinker???? What injectors are you running?

Paul, you do need to talk to Underground Racing...they are on the top of the pile in many ways...and twin turbos is where they have earned their stripes.

Please check...42's???????? Sounds like a perfect setup for very lean at WOT on the second stage of boost.

Many time a builder will add a MSD Boost-A-Pump which increases the voltage to the fuel pump, efectivley overdriving it. It is kind of a trick F&*k way of making the fuel system pressure higher under boost and allowing the injectors to flow more fuel than they normally would. I personally don't like that method as it is just catastrophic if all does not work exactly perfect. Very little safety built in.

I have 75# injectors for the red truck whick will make about 900-1000 at the crank without spray.
The silver truck has 160# injectors, it will make lots of HP. I will run 26+ lbs of boost on that motor

prof, roe sold me 43 lb injectors for my roe and im on stock internalsand i think stinker has 60lb or better on his. i would assume for the numbers that he is putting out 42 lb injectors wouldnt cut it.

hilgbee I'm in class right now be out tommorrow, will pm you,
but in short, get aem unit around 5k installed or less
fuel system 60 or 65lb injectors
and correct fuel supply system

get that done first worry about engine later,with 1000hp your gonna rebuild sooner or later anyways

tranny ,get with nowwhat send it to joe

or if ya got time and $ send it to ugr tellem to just fix it

but fuel and management worry about first
don't worry about motor till it breaks

also th engine need to release pressure
run a 10an line from EACH valave cover to either catch cans or back into exhaust

talk lata teach is back and I am so freakin bored!
done woke me up twice!lololololo

Here is a close-up of how avmech addressed the blow-by issue...the picture immediately brings to mind the question of did he do this on company time or in his own garage;) ;) :p ...what a beautiful set up...steel braided line from each valve cover port to a catch can on the drivers side of the radiator...how very professional:rock: :rock: Hope the pic holds up under sever cropping...

IMG_0018_edited.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back