Dyno'd Today

tribal636

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 04 RC dyno'd today. Think my HP numbers are a little low but we will see what y'all think. HP: 420.3 TQ 480.35. Truck only has a Volant intake and an SCT tuner with 42,000 miles on it. On a side note, l did the dyno pulls at a Mustang dyno shoot out, I came in 5th. Needless to say there was a lot of shit talking Mustang owners there.

Attachments

• Dyno 11.13.11.jpg
    Dyno 11.13.11.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 133
Got my 04 RC dyno'd today. Think my HP numbers are a little low but we will see what y'all think. HP: 420.3 TQ 480.35. Truck only has a Volant intake and an SCT tuner with 42,000 miles on it. On a side note, l did the dyno pulls at a Mustang dyno shoot out, I came in 5th. Needless to say there was a lot of shit talking Mustang owners there.

Solid numbers man! There's nothing to be ashamed of there. ;) Let em talk shit, you're the one driving a truck with the Viper engine in it.... :rock:

Solid numbers man! There's nothing to be ashamed of there. ;) Let em talk shit, you're the one driving a truck with the Viper engine in it.... :rock:

I don't care about the shit talking Mustang guys. Thats common at any event you go to. I actually thought it was funny because out of all the guys that ran their "high HP" mustangs, I came in 5th lol. I thought the HP numbers were closer to QC numbers but I haven't really done must research because HP/TQ numbers don't matter that much to me. Today was more of a, see what it does before I dump a lot of money into kinda day.

Ahh, I knew they were lower but for some reason I was thinking low 400s for QCs and mid 400s for RCs. How do my AF numbers look to those that know where we should be in these trucks?

That's about right for a mustang dyno, they show lower numbers than a dynojet dyno which is what most people use. Also every dyno is so different its hard to compare them, I dyno'd my truck with intake and exhaust at one dyno and it was486hp/525tq, after my other mods I dyno'd at a different dyno and it was only 467/478(I think)

Ahh, I knew they were lower but for some reason I was thinking low 400s for QCs and mid 400s for RCs. How do my AF numbers look to those that know where we should be in these trucks?

Your A/F isnt bad,should be 12.5@WOT is perfect:rock: and looks like your close to that.
Those are decent #'s for an RC,maybe a hair low,but still nothing to be worried about!

Just to give you and idea of some numbers with a stage 1 flash I had 420 RWHP and 460 TRQ. With a stage 2 flash I had 438 RWHP and 500 TRQ.

Im not sure what "stage" flash I have, I just got bought the tuner from unleashed and asked Torrie to give me whatever he has found to work best.

The stage flashes were before the SCT. It was an out of the box tune. Stage 2 was more aggressive then stage 1. A dyno tune with the SCT is much a better route.

The last two years they had a open Dyno at the Mustang Rally here in Sturgis, SD. It pisses the mustang guys off when you post higher numbers than most of them do. A few of my friends go, just to pisses them off.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back