E85

I would absolutely love to know how much more timing is put into a tune based on a difference of 1 octane!

Well just think a lot of guys are running the 93 tune on 91. So I think he could prolly do quite a bit. I know the throttle response between the 2 are day and night and I can tell a great difference compared between the 2 tunes 94vs93. And nothing less than 93 goes in my tank

Last edited:
We have most gas stations around here that offer 93 octane but it is a blend of gasoline and up to 10% ethanol. I can't tell you how many motorcyclist have had to get their tanks rebuilt because even at 10% the ethanol still eats the tank liner away. I have looked into this a little for my mustangs and once the fuel system is upgraded it is a huge power gain. I have seen E85 advertised as high as 104 octane and that is huge when it comes to the timing advance that you can run. It is available here but has not caught on because cost wise it is a wash. It may cost 30% less than 89 octane but your fuel mileage drops by 30%.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back