Eat at the Outback Restaurant

includemeout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a repost,but, if I want a steak I am going to the Outback Restaurant

Eat at the Outback Restaurant

This one was sent to us by several folks. Those of you that known us checked it out before they sent it. We checked it out too, it’s for real, and a great story of America at it’s best.

On 19 June 2002, fifteen Outback Steakhouse (an international chain of Australian-themed restaurants) employees worked with military personnel in Kandahar, Afghanistan, to cook and serve ribeyes and Bloomin' onions to members of the 101st Airborne Division stationed in that desolate region. Temperatures hit 117°F that day, and the fifteen civilians wore water-filled backpacks called "camelbacks" to keep themselves hydrated. It took those fifteen Outbackers three days to reach Kandahar from the United States (travel into war zones is a tricky affair), but once they arrived the U.S. troops were served the best meal they'd had in a long time.

The folks from Outback brought 6,700 steaks, 30,000 shrimp, and 3,000 giant onions with them. Broccoli, rolls, french fries, and cans of O'Douls (a non-alcoholic beer) completed the meal. For dessert, Jeff's Gourmet Pies of Tampa donated 6,600 slices of cheesecake.

This is good eating even to those who haven't spent months chowing down on little else but powdered eggs and T-Rations. For the troops in the field, it was manna from heaven. Visit an Outback Steakhouse, they deserve our thanks.

We have an Outback here...great place to eat but you have to be there by 5:30 or wait 1-2 hrs for a table.....didnt know that they did that for the troops...makes the wait worth it..:rock:

TNVIPER said:
We have an Outback here...great place to eat but you have to be there by 5:30 or wait 1-2 hrs for a table.....didnt know that they did that for the troops...makes the wait worth it..:rock:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Always liked the Outback! Now I have even more reason to like that place!!:rock::rock:

Right on:

These guys have served our troops on several occasions and they do it for free....

God bless them for their caring contribution to our armed forces.....

D

But Saltgrass Steakhouse is sooo much better.. Still though Outback went all.. OUT.. For our troops. I will most certainly dine there when I get back..

the gave me and three other guys run of the place the night before we came over to iraq...we ate and drank like kings...they picked up the tab....very awesome indeed...

I had a bad experience at an Outback so I haven't been back since, but because of this I will give them another try.

Bill.

That really is wonderful. Especially finding volunteers that would make that trek to do this. More US companies should be finding ways to support the troops, no matter the execs views on the wars.

Think about it, these guys should be getting some kind of welcome home package, made up of items donated by companies. It would be a small gesture, yet it would be greatly symbolic. First thing in the bag should be a damn gas card, that's for sure.

Wonder if something like that could be put together? Probably not now, as all the corporations would be pleading poverty. Too bad.

Yep love that place, they have the best damm ribeye out of all the steak houses if you get a chef who can cook it just right

Begood said:
I had a bad experience at an Outback so I haven't been back since, but because of this I will give them another try.

Bill.

Just because of a peanut...............Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh F'in Gnomes;)

includemeout said:
Just because of a peanut...............Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh F'in Gnomes;)
That's not the one I'm talking about. Will and I went to one here about 5 years ago and the food was terrible.

I will make sure I bring my safty goggles when I do go there.:D

Bill.

Begood said:
That's not the one I'm talking about. Will and I went to one here about 5 years ago and the food was terrible.

I will make sure I bring my safty goggles when I do go there.:D

Bill.
Just don't take Wifey for crying out loud...aim one way and the peanut goes the complete opposite way is just ridiculous :confused: :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back