EBC Yellow/Red Pads???

SHU-DOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Moved to Reno NV from Southrn Calfornia
Anyone tried the EBC Yellow Brake Pads yet?

I have tried the greens n liked them enough. Just thought I might try a step up????

I have a rear set of Green im going to use so looking for a front set of the
RED or YELLOW?

TONY - what is the price on either of these?

PM me or ill call later today.

SHU

havent tried them but wouldn't you want to put the stronger ones on the back to prevent the tail from walking around on hard braking:dontknow:

ViperPunk said:
havent tried them but wouldn't you want to put the stronger ones on the back to prevent the tail from walking around on hard braking:dontknow:

Actually no. The fronts do 80% of your stopping. And the booster is regulated to use most of the pressure on the fronts. YOU DO NOT want the rears locking up. Hence why the rear brakes on all cars & motorcycles are smaller.

That and EBC knows this n doesnt make the red or yellow for the rears. Only the GREENS.

thats good to know:rock: cuz i was thinking about upgrading with ebc let me know how that goes

the reds run around $125, now they come in green , but the compound is different from the green pads.

Noid I think contacted EBC, they say they dont make red, but I have had both sets in , and they are different in compound:dontknow:

Stinker said:
the reds run around $125, now they come in green , but the compound is different from the green pads.

Noid I think contacted EBC, they say they dont make red, but I have had both sets in , and they are different in compound:dontknow:

Hey Tony,

I checked out eht EBC website. Says the Red is actually an updated or performance + GREEN????

Here are the numbers i got
GREEN DP71708
GREEN + or RED DP61708
YELLOW DP41708R

Does that make sense?

Find out what you can on pricing and PM me.

Thanks

The reds are for more severe applications (some track) than greens and dust less. Last time I checked they were only available for the fronts.

cobraken said:
The reds are for more severe applications (some track) than greens and dust less. Last time I checked they were only available for the fronts.

Yeup.

Only GREENS and EBCcheaper metallic pads are available for the rears.

EBC Metallic, GREEN, RED, YELLOW are available for the fronts. Well at least they have product numbers. Availability or finding them is another issue.

shu

EBC YELLOW PADS

I ordered A Set Of Them For Front And Rear Through O'reilly's Auto Parts. After Going On EBC's Web Site- They Tell You The Yellows Dont Have Long Life And Are HIGH Dust Ratings!!!!! I Didnt Buy Them!!! I Have Enough Dust Now!!!!!

Well it seems i just got a nice lil gift today.

I forgot i had an old credit with autopartswarehouse.com

I called them to get some pricing. When they pulled up my history i had a complaint from way back. Seems i had a manager imput the issue when i last ordered-no product n took forever to get a refund.

Anyway low and behold i got the
EBC YELLOW DP41708R
$90 shipped

I couldnt pass up so i got em.

I think they have em for $105 n change.

May as well be the gineupig.

SHU

I have had the yellows on the car for over 2 years. Overall, good pads, NEED to heat up before they start to bite, not too much dust, seem to eat rotors a little more then other pads (possibly more aggressive material??)

-Red

RedSrt007 said:
I have had the yellows on the car for over 2 years. Overall, good pads, NEED to heat up before they start to bite, not too much dust, seem to eat rotors a little more then other pads (possibly more aggressive material??)

-Red

Hey Patrick,

How the hell u doin?

So you have them on the Viper?

I thought they are less agressive on the rotors-more dust? Pads wear out quicker. At least that is what the damn EBC website made me believe.

No worries. I couldnt get EBC green or red for the price i got these.

I will have an extra used set of rotors set aside when the time comes.

IF

I ever drive it that much. LOL

I'll drop you a call this weekend. Got Hot August Nites startin up here. I wish the freakin truck was done. Looks like im gunnah miss it by a week or two.

Gettin ready for STREET VIBES. Wooo WHooooo

SHU

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back