ECU reflash?

turbo_neon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who is the, "best of the best" so to speak with the reflashes (for a 2006 RC)? I know of DC and premier truck accessories, is there more? Who has the most positive feed back? Also is the Mopar ECU any account, what are the gains from it are they the typical 25-30hp? I really want to find the best reflash i can get. . .

Thanks,
Jake

Well, I had the stage 2 BG flash and noticed a difference right away. Some have and some haven't, I know DC has a stage 2 flash out and its supposed to be killer!! :rock: I would go that route w/ a 170 T-stat if I had a N/A truck.

As for the mopar PCM, it is detuned fairly decently (they like to protect there trucks :) ), and is made to go along with there package (headers, cam, intake) to see great results.

-Red

Blakewilder said:
Boomer and DC's are more radical, but also more prone to pinging
Concur, more aggressive tune. Make sure your Truck is properly modified for these flashes. (i.e. don't get a Stage 2 flash for a stock truck).

Bought my Stage2 from DC last year. It was shipped from B&G. It's been flawless since I installed it and I immediately noticed a SOTP improvement. No signs of pinging either (I only use 93 octane). :D :rock:

I have a B&G stage II and have some pinging. Solved it with a bit of Torco. My only mod is a K&N drop in but will be installing a Magnaflow exhaust in Sep.

spdrcrj said:
I have a B&G stage II and have some pinging. Solved it with a bit of Torco. My only mod is a K&N drop in but will be installing a Magnaflow exhaust in Sep.

What can I expect to pay for the Stage II B & G flash???

btw, I just have a K & N drop-in and Magnaflow cat-back...is this enough? I read someone in an earlier post say make sure your truck is "modified" for the flash...:dontknow: :confused:

Torco is an octane booster. In my Vette I use 52 oz for every 16 gallons of 93. Bumps my octane to about 98 so I can bump the timing.

I paid $650 for my used re-programmed pcm. i think you can get them for less though.

Not sure how modified it has to be either. I only have the K&N drop in and I made a little more power. But Im also pining without an octane booster.

ViperTruck2933 said:
^^^ Or B&G Chrysler. They are all the same technology written by B&G. ;)

My DC program is NOT written by B&G......a lot has changes with these flashes over the last year......

Not sure how modified it has to be either. I only have the K&N drop in and I made a little more power. But Im also pining without an octane booster.
Talk to Boomer. He also has a stage 1 flash.

Nowwhat said:
My DC program is NOT written by B&G......a lot has changes with these flashes over the last year......
Such as what.......................?:dontknow:
I have Boomer's Stage2 and got it in Feb/Mar.Sent it back to B/G to have the timing pulled back a bit.

Yea i called DC yesterday and asked them what is the difference between stage 1 and 2 but Dan must have been bussy because he didnt call me back. . . yea i would like to know the power difference and what supporting mods are needed. Also I have a 6-Speed so dose that mean there is no stage two for me because i have never seen a "stage-2" for a 6-speed.

Nowwhat said:
I think he was asking specifically about the Stage II flash. The technology was written by B&G. If I am not mistaken Boomer and DC got their software and "Know how" of the technology from BG Chrysler.

The Stage I and II flashes are generic and everyone gets the same flash unless DC, Boomer or BG specifically pulls timing or something. DC, Boomer and BG Stage II's may be tweaked minutely different but probably not enough to be able feel a difference or see much of a difference on a dyno.

You have a custom blower flash, which I think is a whole different animal than a Stage II flash.

Oh and you can run the Stage II flash with a catback and drop in filter. I did that for a while before adding headers and high flow cats. Still got good seat of the pants gains with just the 2 mods.

Last edited:
THe "BLOWER" flash from BG AND DC is a blank flash. It has ONLY Torque Management, Fan settings, and rev limit increase. Chris from DC will then put your truck on the dyno and in REAL TIME, adjust your PCM to maximize efficiencey and HP. Thats why Mike and Patrick are at like 640-670rwhp and I was at 608. BIG DIFF

Also I have a 6-Speed so dose that mean there is no stage two for me because i have never seen a "stage-2" for a 6-speed.
i sent mine to B&G for the flashII, no pinging here!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back