Electric cut outs, yes or no?!

prochargedsrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey hey! so i was just curious what the pros and cons of cut outs are...if it hurts the engine etc. I've heard mixed reviews of people saying they dont like the sound unless it already has some mods done to it and so on....

Just figured id get a few opinions, and before i decide to spend money doing it.... would a simple way to test if i like the sound to be to cut the exhaust off temporarily and just add in 2 down pipes so i at least get to hear what it sounds like before i waste a few hundred bucks buying the cut outs? that way i can just slap the original exhaust pipes back on after testing and weld it back together.

anyways my current mods are:

04 S/C

SCT tuner
TB spacer
Intake
3" exhaust with magnaflows, no cats
colder plugs/new mds wires
heads
xr270 HR comp cam
springs / forged rods
150 dry shot of nitrous ( Zex) with a window switch

I am also planning on throwing turbo on it next year with supporting mods, end goal is 9xx to the wheels.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Put a set on my truck a few weeks ago and think they sound great!!! Keep them open most of the time ... think you'll like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! what set did you end up buying? ive looked at a few different options so far, also where did you put it? i was thinking closer to the heads but know some guys do just before the mufflers.

I got the qtp cutouts and put the turndowns on. Got them from summit. Did a rear cat delete and put them there... pretty tight fit but look and sound cool!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds soooo bad, im glad it was only $100 to fab up some Y pipes instead of spend $600 on cut outs, it sounds like a chopped honda...sounds really good at idle cause of the cam, but everything else is probably the worst sound ive ever heard come out of a vehicle.

not sure if a small resonator on the end, or a downpipe..or tip..or something will help at all, give it some tone at least! as it is currently its really loud which is fine, but has zero tone and its high pitched, i want a nice deep rumble! It sounds like a v6 that lost a muffler right now.

I remember reading on here somewhere. That they tested cutouts vs full 3" exhaust, and there was no increase. other than sound

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back